Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Understanding Evangelion 

Hello, everyone.

My friends and I will be co-hosting a trio of comprehensive panels on Neon Genesis Evangelion just over a month from now. I'm sure many of you know that Evangelion is one of those series that just doesn't lay everything out for you, deliberately making you ask a lot of questions about what's going on, what something really means, and even what's happening around you in real life.

We've already got a good idea of what we're going to present and discuss. Still, we'd like to know what questions you have that you'd like to see answered. We've got a considerable amount of official material on our side (and we'll be bringing some of it with us, if you'd like to flip through it during the breaks), so we'll be presenting as authentic an explanation of the story and characters as we can without speculating or making things up (until Part 3, that is; then, the gloves are off!).

This is my first convention, so I wasn't there for Bryan's "Evangelion: Turning the Tape" panel last year. If there are any questions he raised that you'd like us to touch upon, please, let us know.

Image . Image . Image
(Click the thumbnail to see the full-sized poster.)

"Neon Genesis Evangelion remains one of the most influential titles in the history of anime. Yet, over a decade after the series' finale, fans are still trying to put together the pieces of Anno's elaborate puzzle. Join us as we unravel the mysteries of this controversial classic in Understanding Evangelion! Don't worry; there'll be plenty of fan service, too!"

Where: Palais des Congrès · Room 525 AB
When: Saturday, August 13, 2011 at 8:00 pm
Who: Mature Viewers (16+)

Warning: Contains graphic violence, coarse language, nudity, sexuality, and spoilers aplenty. If you have epilepsy, discretion is advised.

Last edited by TDOMMX on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:34 am
Profile WWW

How come you already have your panel hour ?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:19 pm
Otakuthon Coordinator

^ The time you see above is when 16+ panels are set to start as stated in the guidelines. The time and date of this panel is not official.

J-Music in Motion Director (jmusic@otakuthon.com)

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:39 pm

prettycatchy wrote:
^ The time you see above is when 16+ panels are set to start as stated in the guidelines. The time and date of this panel is not official.
That's right. The time slot would automatically be restricted to 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm due to the age rating. Odds are pretty high that the three panels will be on Saturday instead of Friday given our work schedules (there are no 16+ panels on Sunday), so the panels will likely be hosted back-to-back. The where and when are just placeholders for the moment that I'll be updating as needed (by the way, the "Room 303" is a in-universe reference for those who have seen the original series in its entirety). Nobody is allowed printing their own posters to advertise their panels, either, so I figured I'd show off what I've made here rather than let the work go to waste.

Anyway, knowing how the panels will be scheduled doesn't really have anything to do with its content (aside from the age rating), so I figured I'd make this thread to ask you what you'd like us to cover ahead of time (in case it's something we hadn't already anticipated). It's your convention every bit as much as it is mine, after all.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]