This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Fooly Cooly Panel for Otakuthon 2013 

I'm not really sure what the proper procedure for registering a panel is so I'll just start by posting here.

I (and perhaps 1-2 others) intend to host a 2-hour long Fooly Cooly fan panel at Otakuthon 2013. I'm posting here pretty early so that the bureaucracy has plenty of time to respond and plan accordingly.

As to some details, the panel should probably be restricted to 13+ or 16+ due to the nature of the FLCL anime and some of the topics we intend to cover.

If my co-conspirators and I feel as though we have enough material to work with, it is possible I'd have to extend my estimate of a 2-hour long panel but I can't get a good grasp on that until further writing and planning has been done.

I am also unclear as to how the convention discount for panel hosts is handled.

If this sounds appropriate, or if I need to post this information somewhere else, please do not hesitate to reply.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:10 am

Panel reg isn't open yet
If you need a 16+, you're going to have you panel later in the evening, probably past 10pm.
Reimbursement for panels is a percentage based on how many panels you do. See here: http://www.otakuthon.com/2012/attractio ... workshops/

I'm not sure they take 2 hour panels, but workshops...

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Is there any special difference between a panel and a workshop?

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:31 pm

A workshop is a more hands on thing, so you might want to discuss your panel project with the one in charge to see how to categorize it.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 pm
Otakuthon Coordinator

Hello zeroharpuia,

2-hour panels are accepted, but they are actually 90 minutes in length to make sure there is enough transition time (especially set-up time) between each panel. I do not recommend extending your panel past 2 hours.

As to whether your panel should be 13+ or 16+, please read "Guidelines for Mature Panels & Workshops" that was in the link Mokmo posted previously. Please note that 16+ panels are scheduled after 8pm.

J-Music in Motion Director (jmusic@otakuthon.com)

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 pm

I'm just reconfirming that its still ok for me to host this panel with my friend, I was told to wait until closer to the con date to set it up.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:40 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]