This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary 

Sorry, I can only speak English.

With the new anime coming later this year and the English manga now being widely available in bookstores, interest in Sailor Moon is popping up again. There have been many people re-watching the series and Sailor Moon cosplay has boomed this year.

I will only do this panel if someone else will do it with me. I'm not confident in running a panel alone.

These are things we can talk about:
-English dub versus original Japanese anime. Some people who are revisiting the series may only be familiar with the English dub, and even for those of us who've watched both, the English dub is probably the one we watched first.. I know I have many memories of finding out stuff was changed. There were also actually two companies who dubbed Sailor Moon in English in North America, and I'll go through their differences between them.
-anime vs. manga. Another big thing going on in English-speaking Sailor Moon fandom is that people are reading the manga, many of them doing so for the first time. Although there was an English manga 10 years ago, it wasn't as good then as it is now. Many people are now seeing just how different the anime and the manga really are.
-if someone on the panel is familiar with the French versions of the anime and manga, we can compare/contrast those to the English and the Japanese.
-no matter what version we saw first, many of us older fans have memories of watching Sailor Moon on TV as kids. Some of us have memories of what Sailor Moon fandom used to be like in the mid-90s. Some of us may have memories of watching Sailor Moon fansub tapes in a college anime club somewhere 15 years ago. For many of us, Sailor Moon is very nostalgic and brings back memories of very different times in our lives. We can also talk about merchandise we either remembered or own. Does anyone remember the Moon Cycle?
-Sailor Moon is reemerging in the con scene, too. Aside from the increase in Sailor Moon cosplay this year, Sailor Moon-related guests (notably, voice actors from the English dub) have been appearing at many cons, including many Canadian ones (Anime North, Anime Evolution, G-Anime). Does anyone have stories to share?
-so... a new anime is right around the corner. What have you heard about it? What are you hoping for?
-questions on the audience's mind about characters or events in the series itself, like "who is ChibiChibi?".
-the "tried, tested, and true" Sailor Moon topics, like your favorite Sailor Soldier, your favorite version of Sailor Moon (anime, manga, one of the dubs, SeraMyu, or live-action series), your favorite episodes, your favorite villains...

If you're interested in being a panelist for this, let me know either by replying here or PMing me!

Last edited by Shance on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:48 am

I'd be interested in being part of this panel.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Sign up under "Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary" if interested in joining (by the way, I have it listed as a 90 minute).

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 am

I might be interested. I just never been host to a panel before and a little afraid of doing it. SM is my fav show ever. I have been a fan of it for 17 years.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:13 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]