This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Anime and the afterlife 

I have been asked by fans if I would host a panel about the afterlife in anime at Otakuthon. I hosted one on Angel Beats and Haibane Renmei a couple of years ago. Is anyone interested in such a panel again? It could be expanded to include the afterlife in other fiction. Anyone interested in joining me on such a panel.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:34 am

Yeah that sounds like an interesting topic! I'll certainly attend it if my schedule allows.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Great, but I am not doing this panel alone. I need a commitment for other panelists to be on the panel before I formally submit it as a panel host. Otakuthon leaves arranging the panel to the host, rather than to the programming department head. If someone wants to be on this panel, or a variation of it, say you will sit as a panelist.

I can be moderator if no one volunteers.

Thanks

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Haibane Renmei Vs Angel Beats was one of the panels I really was looking forward to visiting the most back in 2011 but I wasn't able to make it due to some unfortunate circumstances the previous day. It would be nice to see a similar panel covering a broader spectrum of shows and the ideas they present. Most of the shows I enjoy often dabble in such themes here and there.

I wonder if there were many people and how the discussion went... Was a "winner" decided? Personally my vote would have gone to Haibane Renmei for how it does the job of presenting that whole afterlife scenario with a tad more sophistication and subtelty. I must admit though that that rocket chair scene in Angel Beats was hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fORH60LtOt4

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:43 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]