This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Fushigi Yugi Manga Question 

What do you think of the manga Fushigi Yugi?
Poll ended at Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 am
1. I like it quite a bit, and would buy it as a manga choice. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2. I like it, but, would only buy it if it was on sale. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. It's ok, I would borrow it to read, but not buy it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Not really. It's not my type of manga to read. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5. N/A I don't know anything or enough to comment on it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Fushigi Yugi Manga Question 

I need some input;
I picked up Fushigi Yugi Vol. 1-4, 6, 8 by Americana Extra (Graphic Novel), Fushigi Yugi Vol. 8 (by VIZ graphic novel style) and Vol. 13 by VIZ (manga style).
I would like to know, if there is a difference between the Fushigi Yugi by the "Viz" Company and the Fushigi Yugi by the "America Extra" Company?
The only major difference I noticed was the way it was bound. but since I have manga's from two different companies, for this manga, I don't want to mix the brands and styles just to find out that I'm skipping a bunch of pages in between (ex. I'm thinking of getting Fushigi Yugi vol. 5 from VIZ manga style to fill in the Vol. 4 and 6 Americana Extra graphic style).

What is your input, and where central downtown do you think I could find these styles and brands (Americana Extra in graphic novel style and VIZ in both graphic novel and manga style). I've checked the store I usually go to, and they don't have it.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 am

Il existe deux series de Fushigi Yuugi: la classique, et Gembu Kaiden (qui est une genre de prequel)
Je sais que Viz edite Gembu Kaiden, mais il se peut qu'ils ai aussi repris la classique a Americana... je te dirais de verifier avec les personnages, si c'est les meme.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm

I finally found my Answer!

There is NO difference from Americana Extra (Graphic Novel) and VIZ manga style, apart from the direction they are read in.

This now means I have an extra Viz Vol. 2, 3, 4 of Fushigi Yugi (the classic, by VIZ), and I'm still looking for Vol. 5 by the Americana Extra (Graphic Novel).

I also accidentally picked up the Prequel of Fushigi Yugi Vol. 4, 5, 7, 8.
So, I'm willing to either find a home for them, or fill in the missing books (Vol. 1-3, & 6).

If anyone has the Americana Extra (Graphic Novel) vol. 5 of Fushigi Yugi (the classic) I'm willing to trade or otherwise.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]