This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Anime you would love to see have air time on Teletoon Retro 

It seems that while Japanese Animation is losing space on the Canadian T.V. airwaves, which indeed is no doubt sad, Tetetoon Retro, dedicated to showing animated programs of past decades, has not made any effort to include any airtime space for anime series of the past decades (apart from of course the 1984 U.S./Japan co-production T.V. series The Transformers), and I feel it would be cool if the network itself could include an anime-themed block for one night per week not just for the sake of promoting awareness of anime legends from the previous decades (since of course there's more to anime than just the latest series), but also for the sake of allowing Canadian T.V. viewers today a chance to choose anime from more genres when YTV and Teletoon seem to ony have sport-themed anime now.

So far, there are a number of anime I would love to see have airspace on Teletoon Retro, though not all at one time. The titles I could think of include Star Blazers, Robotech, Voltron - Defender of the Universe, Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III (1st series), the 1960s Astro Boy, Transformers: The Headmasters, Gigantor, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Galaxy Express 999 (1978 T.V. series), Street Fighter II Victory, Speed Racer, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dirty Pair, Inu Yasha, Gurren Lagann, Slayers, Cowboy Beop, and Vision of Escaflowne. I would mention Gatchaman, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, and Patlabor: The Mobile Police in the list becasue I find them cool, but they haven't yet been license-rescued.

As for you the anime fans, what anime from the past decades would you love to see have airtime on Teletoon Retro? You're welcome to say what you find to be so awseome about them you feel they deserve a spot on the network, and the anime you comment on can include anime series titles that were never before shown on Canadian T.V. but still are under region 1 license and anime series before shown on North American T.V. that are still under rgion 1 license.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 pm
Profile WWW

It is fun and great to watch anime on TV but now people have to pay the channels to watch it. Bu I prefer to watch online and there's no ads

Twitter

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 pm

They are only airing past shows they had. I'm pretty sure they never had Inuyasha or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Me I'm waiting for Redwall, Sonic Underground, Archie mysteries and co, Beatle Juice, ect...

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Ranma 1/2. It has enough boobies and crude humor to entertain an American audience, while being an absolute classic enough to entertain us!

Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 am

Having Naruto on Teletoon French was a big deal a while ago. I don't know if they'll show anything. Somehow they like to show english and french shows at the same time or almost on the respective channels.

But i seriously wouldn't mind subbed anime on late-night.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 pm

It might not be anime, but I remember trying to ask to air Daria again back in 2005~. I miss that show. They told me that they didn't have the music licenses anymore, so even if they got it out on DVDs, it doesn't have most of its original soundtrack, which is kind of horrible.

I clearly have the nostalgia of the time when we were kids and Sakura Cardcaptor as well as Spawn were airing, though. IMO, Space Goofs and Ren and Stimpy were the golden age of Teletoon, as far as I can remember.

Also, I don't really see it happening but damn would it be good to have subbed animes indeed.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:10 pm
Profile WWW

I'd like to see Sailor moon. You know, since they plan on rebooting the serie in summer 2013, I think it'd be a nice touch to have it back on Teletoon retro or something.
And let's be honest, the french opening of Sailor moon is frickin ridiculous and thus, hilarious.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Reruns of Sailor Moon would be fun.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:27 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]