This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Issue (again) with the Exposition Hall 

Oh, hi.
Again.
Kind of disappointed that I have to post something about this again.
But whatever.

Today I've visited the Navito World booth and saw a Yoko Littner scale. I asked for the box but they said that it was "shipped by the manufacturer" and that there were no box for it. I had no way to find out on the spot what kind of figure it was, and it looked decent for the asking price of $80.
When I came back home, I checked the base of the figure and decided to look it up online. It was a Sega Prize figure and the market price for it is ¥1800 (shipping excluded).
You can't tell me that shipping price is over $60 for that figure.
I also saw another guy buying an SQ Madoka prize figure (no box as well) for $80 as well when in fact, it's worth less than $15 (shipping excluded).
I know that there are fees that you pay for selling at the convention and that there's shipping on top of that, but really.
They shouldn't not hide essential information from potential customers.
This is really, really bad.

They have a bunch of scales on display with no boxes that are prize figures, and their asking price goes up to five times market value.
Prize figures are essentially just cheaper figures that people buy instead of actual scales sculpted by artists.

My tip to them, since they're an "official licensed representative" of Good Smile Company and MegaHouse:
Check your pricing again, you'll get a lot more customers if you price your stock honestly.

Small note:
Last year I made a purchase of the Kimono Madoka, a limited time exclusive, at market price (shipping included).
I thought I could trust them by visiting them again this year.
Oh well.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:33 pm
Profile WWW

I believe this would be appropriate in the Feedback thread... once the staff gets home and creates it :)

> my name is Shmuberry. Old username is old!

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Super Moderator / Forum Director

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9044

Costuming.org forums

Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]