This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Holiday Inn Select - sold out?? 

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew if rooms were still available at the Holiday Inn Select for the convention this year? I'm trying to book it, but the link provided keeps telling me that there is nothing available. Third party sites are telling me the same. I'm just wondering if the convention block hasn't become available yet, or if it's already sold out. Thank you!

Tue May 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Probably sold out, i received my room as soon as I had the website links. They go fast considering the size that this convention is achieving now.

Wed May 27, 2015 12:07 am

Ahh, alright - I tried a little while back, shortly after registering for the artist alley, but it wasn't working then either, so I was hoping maybe it just hadn't properly opened yet. That makes sense, though - thank you!

Wed May 27, 2015 12:37 am

Apparently the Holiday Inn Select sold out of rooms in ~3 weeks after the Otakuthon website launched and hotel links were available.

Other than the convention itself attracting more and more people each year, the other main factor for quick sellouts is whether or not there's another major event in the area on the same weekend as Otakuthon. The record sellout time for the Holiday Inn, in my experience, was a couple years ago, in less than 18 hrs, due to an international swimming championship in Montreal - several men's & women's swim teams were staying at that hotel, including the national teams of Colombia and Russia (which I saw their jerseys/jackets).

The Holiday Inn usually sells out in early June (in my experience), but as I said, due to the growing popularity of Otakuthon, it starts to sell out earlier and earlier. For any convention I attend, I always book my room first... because admission badges will never sell out as fast as hotel rooms, unless there's a low attendance cap (registration limit).

You may try asking around for rooms with missing people. The ideal number of people per room is 4.

Conventions 2015:
KC | GC | NC | MCC (SAT) | OTK | CTC | AMC

Conventions 2016:
G-A? | NC? | AN? | MCC? | OTK | CTC? | OTKHP

Cosplay/Outfits 2015:
Black & green combat photographer attire | All-black combat photographer attire | White & navy war correspondent attire

dA for photos & news: | Twitter for WIPs & live reports:
Flickr for high-quality shots:

Sun May 31, 2015 2:33 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]