This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Need to set up shop? 
Otakuthon Staff

Hey, I was the Link with the Bombs and Bottle Fairy, and was wondering something.

Maybe I should make a couple of those Bombs and Bottled Fairies for next year and try to sell some, since they received a good lot of comments. Would I have to reserve a table to actually sell ANYTHING even if I would just have 1 thing to sell (like one type of thing, let's say I just get to do the bombs?)

I think I would, but I just wanna know if I have to. Also, would anyone here be interested in buying either? I just ask that as a referrence to see if it would be worth it to actually "mass produce" them for next year. lol.

Also, bomb bags or no? as in, do you think I should make bomb bags and try selling them as well?

Finally, if I do make them in advance and don't end up with a table to sell them, is there a possibility to share a table with someone else? or would I be allowed to sell my goods outside of the dealer's room? (outside of otakuthon "grounds" if needs be)

2011: Saturday: Mario, Sunday: Black Custom Link + Custom Master Sword + Custom Shield + Bombchu
2012: Saturday: Mario, Sunday: White Custom Link + Hero's Bow + Fire Arrow + Ice Arrow + Light Arrow
2013: [?]

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:51 pm

I doubt you'd be able to sell out side of the dealer's alley but you could always pre-sell them on the net and meet your buyers at otakuthon to give them their stuff? You can always share a table with someone, but for 18$ why not buy yourself half a table? They're pretty small, it'd be enough for a couple of items, but I doubt it'd be enough space to share between two artists.

I haven't seen you at the con, so I don't know what your items look like, you should post 'em on the forums :)

Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Otakuthon Staff

actually, I wasn't at the dealer's room at all, hence the questions I asked. but I can take a picture of the items I got with me.

They're actually the models I'll base myself on, and were the ones I had at the con:

Bottled Fairy: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/AMOE1st/BottleFairy.jpg

Bomb: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/AMOE1st/Bomb.jpg

Bomb Bag: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/AMOE1st/BombBag.jpg

Note that the red cup thingy isn't part of the bomb, it was only to hold the bomb steady, since it's round.
Also, the bomb bag in that picture actually contains 3 of the same bomb from the picture provided.

2011: Saturday: Mario, Sunday: Black Custom Link + Custom Master Sword + Custom Shield + Bombchu
2012: Saturday: Mario, Sunday: White Custom Link + Hero's Bow + Fire Arrow + Ice Arrow + Light Arrow

Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:38 pm
Otakuthon Staff

If you plan on getting an Artist Table, I would suggest having a couple other product more to offer if possible...

By the way, very cool!! 8)

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Otakuthon Staff

I don't really have more stuff to sell. I know the idea would be to diversify stuff so that I can get more revenue from different people but, yea, I don't have anything else (at least for now) XD

Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:57 pm
Otakuthon Staff

Still have a year to prepare!! :lol:

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

amoe get a table with me > O!!!!! you'll have more stuff to sell! xD

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Otakuthon Staff

well if you DO get one magias, I'll share one with you, of course!

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:19 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]