This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
2015 Official WCS thread / Fil de discussion officiel du WCS 
Otakuthon Director

This is the official thread to discuss the World Cosplay Summit 2015 Canada Preliminaries (to go to Japan 2016) that we will be having at the convention. Please post all questions and general discussion about the WCS here.

Please note that the event directors are are not French-speaking so there will be a small delay in replying to questions asked in French.

Ceci est le fil de discussion officiel du World Cosplay Summit que nous aurons a la convention. Postez toute vos questions et discussion général a propos du World Cosplay Summit ici.

Veuillez noter que les responsables (les directeurs) ne parlent pas le français, donc les réponses aux questions posés en français seront un peu retardées.

---------------------

Last year's thread for reference.

Please note that we do not speak French so there will be a slight delay while we have French messages translated. Your patience is appreciated.
The best way to contact us is at wcs@otakuthon.com.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:44 am
Otakuthon Director

We are pleased to announce that the following teams will be performing in the Canadian Preliminaries:

Ace Cream Dream Team
Akemidoko
Fabricated Dream
FellowSheep Cosplay
Meian
Moonlight Vampires
Nienna Karnival
Polar Diamonds
Sciontific

(note that this is not stage order)

We look forward to seeing your presentations!

~~~~
Note to teams: Please feel free to share your costumes and progress on your social media pages. There are no rules about keeping your costume a secret. We want to build the excitement and have everyone looking forward to the show!

Please note that we do not speak French so there will be a slight delay while we have French messages translated. Your patience is appreciated.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Yeah! 9 great team :) looking foward to it! I am in one of the team :o and have few question!

1: is it true that by july 10 we need to send a picture of our background that we will use on the stage fully complete and with the mesurement? or it can be in progress?

2: is there anything else to send on july 10 that we don't forget?

3: I am cosplaying a gender different than mind and don't have the prettiest voice. I have a friend that love to do voice acting and have a pretty awesome microphone. Can I ask her and a guy friend to help us with the sound montage and our voice? or it need to be 100% our voice and montage?

4: oh we can tell what are ou cosplay? I heard that it was suppose to be 100% secret to keep the suprise for the competition and so the other team don't see what we are doing since some of the team are friends together :o?

5: before you told us we where chosen I bought my weekend pass and bought the 2 concert ticket. Angela is just before the WCS on friday, is there a way that I can go see her? or I should probably ask for a refund to the concert since we won't have time?

thank you for your anwser!
Posting this here so it can maybe help other team with the same question.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:05 am

Congratulations to everyone and good luck working on your costumes. Can't wait to see you guys on stage :)

Si mon nom est en noir, c'est que je suis une ex-modératrice de forum/ If my name is in black, it's because I'm a retired forum moderator :)

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:54 pm
Profile YIM
Otakuthon Director

emma wrote:
1: is it true that by july 10 we need to send a picture of our background that we will use on the stage fully complete and with the mesurement? or it can be in progress?

Work in progress photos are fine, but drawings with measurements would be better. We need to have an idea of how big and heavy the stage props are in advance for the ninjas who will be setting up the stage.

emma wrote:
2: is there anything else to send on july 10 that we don't forget?

A description of what you will be doing on stage and the dimensions of the stage props you will need set up on stage. This is to help us create our running order so we don't put similar presentations back to back.

emma wrote:
3: I am cosplaying a gender different than mind and don't have the prettiest voice. I have a friend that love to do voice acting and have a pretty awesome microphone. Can I ask her and a guy friend to help us with the sound montage and our voice? or it need to be 100% our voice and montage?

The voice recording does not have to be you. However, it cannot be the original voice actors from the source anime/game or copyrighted material.

emma wrote:
4: oh we can tell what are ou cosplay? I heard that it was suppose to be 100% secret to keep the suprise for the competition and so the other team don't see what we are doing since some of the team are friends together :o?

WCS Canada has no rule requiring teams keep their cosplay plans secret. Feel free to share! If you post on social media, please tag
it with #WCScanada so we can find your posts, too.

emma wrote:
5: before you told us we where chosen I bought my weekend pass and bought the 2 concert ticket. Angela is just before the WCS on friday, is there a way that I can go see her? or I should probably ask for a refund to the concert since we won't have time?

Since you let us know early about having a ticket to the concert, we will do our best to accommodate your team by having your workmanship judging early and your stage presentation later in the show. Obviously we will not be able to do this for every team.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:39 pm
Super Moderator / Forum Director

Thread unstickied and locked. New thread will be created as soon as the info is out for this year.

Costuming.org forums

Tue May 03, 2016 9:05 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]