This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Sailor Moon Cosplay Chess??? 

Hey! At Anime North last month, I got to participate in a special Sailor Moon cosplay chess. I know there is a normal cosplay chess happening. Just wondering if a Sailor Moon one should be done at Otakuthon too in honour of the 20th Sailor Moon anniversary?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:39 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Organizing a normal cosplay chess is enough of a hard task. This year's cosplay chess isn't even done yet, they're still looking to fill up half of the chess pieces (so if you're interested in joining, do check out the website for all the info!) Organizing a 2nd "Sailor Moon Edition" one, especially at a bit more than a month away from the convention, is practically impossible.

Anime North announced at last year's cosplay chess what the theme for this year would be, so they had a whole year to gather Sailor Moon cosplayers.

That, and even if we had the time to organize it...I don't see the need in having 2 same events, even if they have different themes. Sailor Moon cosplayers are more than welcomed in the usual cosplay chess every year, and the themes are general enough so that anyone can join. As for having a special edition of a particular series, it would narrow down a lot on the participants allowed to join, since they would have to cosplay that series, and that series only.

To have a special commemorative event for a series' anniversary is a fantastic idea, but I think it'd be best if it was a brand new event, not a copy of something we already have.

Wreck-It Ralph - Candlehead (Sugar Rush)

Like my cosplays? Follow my fanpage here!

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Otakuthon Staff

Hello! Link here, Support Staff for the Cosplay Chess!

I support what PirateSkittles said. It's hard enough to organise one Cosplay Chess, 2 would be impossible. Good luck finding 32 characters from the series to fill all the pieces' spots. There aren't enough Sailor Scouts to fill half of that...

Moving on though. This year, the theme is Day vs Night, or, to an extent, Light vs Darkness. Feel free to join the side of Light as Sailor Moon or one of her friends if you have such a cosplay. We're always looking for more participants!

2011: Saturday: Mario, Sunday: Black Custom Link + Custom Master Sword + Custom Shield + Bombchu
2012: Saturday: Mario, Sunday: White Custom Link + Hero's Bow + Fire Arrow + Ice Arrow + Light Arrow
2013: [?]

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:35 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]