This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Blind date panel 

C'est gentil de me le dire. Je verrai si j'ai besoin d'aide mais je crois que je sais comment animer ce genre d'activité. Et puis, tu n'auras qu'à venir à celui d'Otakuthon puisque ce sera 18+

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:51 am

Haha. J'me rappelle d'avoir pense que tu aurai de la chance avec cella-la Gendo. J'me suis tire de la par peur de finir sur "To Catch a Predator".

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 pm
Profile WWW

This is not a bad idea, tbh.
would definitely, wholeheartedly approve of such a panel, actually.

The Otakuthon is getting bigger and more social(which is a good thing), and for all the years I've been to it, it wasn't until recently that 6+-hour raves have been appearing in the convention schedule; namely, the Legendary Otakuthon dance and the Friday night rave(Otadance?). I didn't start enjoying this raving/clubbing stuff until I was 17 and in college which was around the time I started participating in the raves at the Otakuthon. I find that it's a great way to appeal to the masses who already enjoy raving downtown and might find it enjoyable to have a cosplay twist to it. I should add that it gives minors and those who haven't ever been to a rave party a taste of the social atmosphere you'd get at an exclusive pay2rave club without the need to sneak in and without the douchebags(the crowd that anime conventions thankfully don't attract). And not to mention, it's a lot more comfortable going crazy around people who share a similar mindset and interest(anime, VG, cosplaying, interwebzz, etc).

A blind date panel would be a great addition to the social experience at this particular anime convention.

It's only a big deal if you go around telling everybody things they don't need to know once you've found your match, or if you preoccupy yourself too much with social double standards.

When hosting a panel like this, you assume that participants are mature enough to understand that it's like dating any other person anywhere else.

Hooking up/dating/making new friends has always occurred at anime conventions, just on the down-low which is why it's unspoken of.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:53 pm
Profile WWW

F%$K the universe!

This is my story:
Thank you guys for making the blind date panel I wanted many months ago. I was eagerly waiting for the Otakuthon for, yes the event, AND the date panel.
Turns out one month ahead of time, I got myself one of those amazing girlfriends. Hurray!
So I come to Otakuthon and have a fun taking snapshots of everyone. Then, on Saturday evening, I was planning to go see the dating panel anyways to see what it looked like, without participating. Like paying hommage.
I didn't go, I was with my girlfriend that evening, she was feeling ill.
Sunday morning, she left me. D:
So all of Sunday, I'm walking around the Otakuthon, depressed. Aaaaand, the idea of her telling me sooner so that I could have maybe participated in the dating panel bugs me. :(

Now what? :0 Damnit.
The universe really has this twisted sense of humour... :/

Random kid: "Who takes 3 hours to go to the bathroom, anyway!?"
Zim: "NONESENSE! I had much to do! SO MUCH!!!"

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:53 pm
Profile WWW

Gendo Ultra wrote:
The universe really has this twisted sense of humour... :/

"twisted" doesn't even start to describe it, don't worry it's probably better that way

Otakuthon "Support Staff": Denparent 2010-2014

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:48 pm

I missed it :C

How was it? Any cute girls showed up? :mrgreen:

Otakuthon 2006: Pas cosplayer ;(
Otakuthon 2007: Kakashi Hatake
Otakuthon 2008: Kakashi Hatake
Otakuthon 2009: Agito [Final Fantasy 13 Agito]
Otakuthon 2010: J'ai été malade :/
Otakuthon 2011: Kite or Tri-Edge
Otakuthon 2012: Agito / Kakashi Hatake
Otakuthon 2013:
Otakuthon 2014:

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:03 pm

C'était en même temps que la mascarade en :( ? J'ai manqué et je suis vraiment vraiment déçu

Otakuthon 2009:Minawa Andou -->Mahoromatic automatic maiden
Otakuthon 2010:Miyuki -->Lucky star
Otakuthon 2011:Maylenne --> Kuroshitsuji
Otakuthon 2012:Shiemi --> Ao no exorcist
Otakuthon 2013:Kobato -->Kobato (CLAMP)

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:32 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2