This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Suggestions for 2015 

Hi there, I have a couple suggestions for next year since it´s going to be the 10th year celebration of Otakuthon. I don't know if it´s doable, my first suggestion is a cosplay room. It would be a room where cosplayers could gather to take group pictures. This way, it would clear hallways and Viger Hall. Back ground could be made to create proper picture experience, for example, for a Naruto cosplay group, there could be a back ground of Konoha village. It could be made in a Panel room and have time set on the schedule.

Second suggestion, it would be fun to have a Purikura booth set in Exhibition Hall or Cosplay Cafe. A 10$ fee could be asked to users to make photo stickers custom made just like they want. The profits of the Purikura Booth could be given to charity so congoers would be making good gesture while having fun! Again I don't know if it´s doable but it would be great! :oops:

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 pm

These are excellent ideas, except you would have to consider the fee of having a purikura machine for three or four days. I don't know if it works on the same principal as a soda vending machine, but soda machines have a fee associated with just having one on location. As well, the profits would have to go to the owner of the machine and it would be up to the owner to donate it. There's no guarantee that Otakuthon would get any of those profits. Plus, you have to find a power source strong enough to power it in the convention. A simple plug probably won't do. You also have to transport it, which may not be easy if it's oversized and heavy. Then there is also the price to consider. Would people actually use it? How much would it cost for an individual? Would it be too expensive?

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:37 am

A cosplay room would be awesome ! A great place to schedule group photoshoots ? I'm in. There'd need to be a space for the groups and space for everything to take picture from.

For japanese guest, think we could Kamijo; previously lead singer of Versailles and now doing a solo career :D ?

Otakuthon 2014 League of Legends - Amethyst Ashe, RWBY - Miltiades MalachiteOtakuthon 2013 DC Comics - Steampunk Catwoman
Otakuthon 2012 Final Fantasy XIII - Alyssa Otakuthon 2011 Kuroshitsuji (Noah's Ark) - Dagger
Otakuthon 2010 Pandora Hearts - Alice with her Scythe Otakuthon 2009 Final Fantasy VIII - Rinoa Heartilly with her Blaster Edge Deviantart

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:42 am

I also have a suggestion, why not set-up something with Crypton Future Media to have photo shoots with the Vocaloids? Maybe even have a virtual concert with them? I know this suggesiton might be a bit late, but it might be for another year!

Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:43 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]