This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
About purchasing artist tables ( for Otakuthon 2014 ) 

Hi everyone!

I was thinking about buying an artist table next year so that I could sell some of the amigurumi that I make =P I have a few questions about the rules on the official website of Otakuthon in regards to some stuff I've seen on artist's tables in previous years

It says in the rules that you must own the copyrights to whatever you sell at your table ... but like, half of the artists or more that I've seen in the past sell fanart of anime and video games to which they don't have copyrights to or even make hats and plushies and keychains and whatnot ... so I am confused about what can be sold or not

I heard a couple of years ago that some companies don't care if you make fanart or fan objects to sell in artist areas but that companies like Sanrio and Disney are very likely to come and sue you if they find your stuff during conventions, so I guess it depends on what you do? Can someone that's taken tables at Otakuthon in the past enlighten me about this? Thanks! You can reply to me in English or French, I don't mind =D

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I think what they mean by `you must have the copyrights` is that it must be your own art. Not art that you found on the internet and printed to sell.

This reminds me there was a girl in the AA selling buttons but the art was clearly official art she printed...

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Yeah I saw a couple of people that reproduced art that I've seen online xD;

All right, if it's copyright to the art itself and not reproduced then I guess that answers my question =P unless someone else that knows better comes forth and answers

I'll get a table next year to sell amigurumi <3

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]