This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Which Anime Companies Are Against Selling of Fan Art Works? 

I understand that Otakuthon always accepts the displaying and selling of fan art within the art gallery part of each year's event on the condition that it's neither illustrated in a way that may be given an age rating higher than 13+, nor copying someone else's rendition. However, I have been hearing some media companies have become against the genre convention-based selling of fan art based on the media properties they own with anime studio Broccoli of Galaxy Angel being one of them, and Funimation Entertainment welcomes the con-based selling of fan art based on anime it has R1 distribution rights to (ex: Dragon Ball Z) only if they don't include any of the logos, indicia, and names it holds North America trademark to within the images themselves. So I'm wondering if anyone from within or outside the Otakuthon staff knows exactly which anime/manga companies besides Broccoli are forbidding anime cons from including the selling of fan art based on their properties. It is just that I want to be sure that everyone who wishes to have copies of their fan art pieces sold at Otakuthon (both this year and the years to come) are playing it safe.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:02 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]