This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Fighting games! 

Anyone likes fighting games?? XD

I'm a huge fan of Guilty Gear personnally (you'll know who I am if you were in the gaming room at any point where GG was there XD). It's so awesome ^^.

I should practice Third Strike soon since a lot of my friends are at it. Can't wait for Melty Blood Act Cadenza on PS2 in summer. I like some Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 4-player brawls (even though they're much less serious than the others, it's still a lot of fun to backstab people and have everyone hate me XP).

random plug: I'm in a GG freaks group of friends who meet from time to time, add me on MSN and mention coming into those Guilty Gear meetings if you want me to love you XP.

Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:28 pm

Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:50 am

GG is awesome too, but I haven't played it much =/

And I pwned Capcom vs SNK 2 too... though my thumbs suffered when I was against Regal and Shin Akuma...

Lors d'un de tes congés, on ferait un pique-nique géant? Ça serait bien.
Sauvez le francais, ecrivez pour qu'on comprenne!

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:42 am
Profile WWW

I like really fighting games mostly Guilty Gear, the best of 2d games ^^
We can make such a duel if you want ^^

I also like Tekken, Virtua Fighter and some other 3d fighting games...

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:13 am
Profile WWW

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:52 am
Profile WWW

Well, the thread is already dead :roll:

*topic revives*

You know what game is awesome? POWER STONE! I only played the demo at my cousin's house and I'm freakin addicted to it...
Damn! Why did the DC had to die! *emo*

Sidenote: I heard there's gonna be a PS game for Playstation (PSP?)

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:47 am
Profile WWW

Power Stone is the only arcade game where i consider myself to be the absolute best.

Too bad none of the arcade has it anymore.

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:58 am

Power Stone is the only arcade game where i consider myself to be the absolute best.

Too bad none of the arcade has it anymore.

You mean there was an arcade for Power Stone!?
HOLY JESUS COOKIE! D=
I missed it!

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:04 am
Profile WWW

Power Stone came out originally as an arcade game first in around year 1999-2000.

Later, a DC version came out. Then, Power Stone 2 came out ofor DC only, there was no arcade for that one. I have yet to play it... Power Stone 2 turned into a 4-player free-for-all battle

Then later, a Power Stone anime series came out. It was aired on YTV. I only watched one episode. It's a very childish anime like Pokemon.

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:23 pm

Power Stone came out originally as an arcade game first in around year 1999-2000.

Later, a DC version came out. Then, Power Stone 2 came out ofor DC only, there was no arcade for that one. I have yet to play it... Power Stone 2 turned into a 4-player free-for-all battle

Then later, a Power Stone anime series came out. It was aired on YTV. I only watched one episode. It's a very childish anime like Pokemon.

Psh, the PS anime wasn't THAT bad, I mean, pokemon can easily get wrong

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:39 pm
Profile WWW

*scratches head* This reminds me of how I randomly say the always-heard "PAAWERful." in random situations.

I don't like Power Stone much as it doesn't have much technicality, and also because it's on DC and I hate the DC D-Pad with the fire of a thousand suns.

*playing Rival Schools*
Denkou: Take this! CROSS CUTTER
*Kyosuke flies in space*
Opponent: huuh... Dreamcast D-Pad?
Denkou: ...Dreamcast D-Pad.
Opponent: WELL I WON'T MISS MINE!! HADOUKEN *Sakura flies in space*
Denkou: ...
Opponent: ...
Denkou: Wanna play on PS?
Opponent: 'kay.

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58 pm

You get used to the DC controllet eventually ya know :P

Project Justice is waaaaaaay better than Rival Schools, so you want to play on DC anyways. :P

Power Stone has some technicality, you just did not take the time to find it. But as far as I remember, the first one was more technical. Am I wrong with this?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:06 pm

it's technical in form of platform skills.

if you're good at games like Mario 64, you should be good in this game.

Quick reflexes, dodging, and great timing will make you a good fighter. There are punch kick combos in this game but they won't be affective against me, i'll shadow-dodge them all.

I call it shadow-dodge by the lack of knowing the actual term for it. But basically, it's a bit like SF3 third strike's parrying. Press the direction you want to go at the moment of getting hit by your opponent. if successful, you will side-step dodge it, leaving a blue shadow on your trail.

All objects in the environment are interactive and can used. You can practically do anything anywhere.

In this game, taking three power stones will transform you into some kind of godly powered self. Wang Tang for example will transform into a Super Saiyan-like and shoots energy balls that looks like Kamehame Ha, and his final attack looks like Genki Dama (Spirit bomb).

Just to brag on how good i think i am. I'm good to a point that i can let the opponent transform two times while i won't transform at all. and i'll still win because i'm good enough to dodge and avoid all attacks including supers. i have yet to meet someone who can beat me in this game at the arcade.

It's not really a popular game, nobody plays this game!. Which is sorta boring for me because i have no real challengers.

I haven't played the second game to give an opinion.

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:30 pm

I know how you feel. I'm the only one in my house (we are 3 guys...) who plays fighting games. The oldest is way too much of a RPG player (*coughnerdcough*) to have the slightliest chance to survive in an action game. While my other brother does play action games... just not fighting games... ;o;

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:40 pm
Profile WWW

Project Justice is waaaaaaay better than Rival Schools

Euh.. Project Justice, c'est Rival School 2.
Of course it's better. Il semble que la version DC japonaise est plus complete que la version en anglais.

http://www.mobygames.com/game_group/she ... upId,3232/

I thought I was the only one in these parts who heard about Melty Blood.
Cadenza is a PS2 exclusive? :( There were so many possibilities on the PC, more than PS2. (graphic and effect-wise)

Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:55 am

Non, Melty Blood React c'est très très populaire au près des fans d'anime. J'ai un peu changé d'opinion dessus mais je considère quand même ça un Doushin game avant un fighter.

J'ai commencé à jouer a Guilty gear (je me suis trouvé une copie de X2 au xbox). J'aime vraiment plus ça que je pensait mais je suis complètement à chier. Moi je suis habitué a des jeux qui récompense les combos, dans X2 on dirait que les moves perde du power quand tu fait des gros combos.

Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:01 am

Project Justice is waaaaaaay better than Rival Schools, so you want to play on DC anyways. :P

How so?

I've only seen "omg 3 player team attack" plus the team attack cancel thing. Aren't all the mechanics the same? It's not that much better IMO.

destoo wrote:
I thought I was the only one in these parts who heard about Melty Blood.
Cadenza is a PS2 exclusive? :( There were so many possibilities on the PC, more than PS2. (graphic and effect-wise)

Well, nobody plays fighting games on PC >_>.

About PC VS PS2 possibilities I don't think you can surpass the PS2's capacities with a mere 2D fighting game.

Imazul wrote:
Non, Melty Blood React c'est très très populaire au près des fans d'anime. J'ai un peu changé d'opinion dessus mais je considère quand même ça un Doushin game avant un fighter.

"Doujin game".
C'est populaire auprès des fans de fighting games aussi (des fans fans là, qui étudient des vidéos de matchs japonais genre).

Je l'aime moins que Guilty Gear aussi, mais on verra çque ça donne avec Act Cadenza.

Imazul wrote:
Moi je suis habitué a des jeux qui récompense les combos, dans X2 on dirait que les moves perde du power quand tu fait des gros combos.
Ouais ben c'est ça dans tous les jeux en fait.

Dans Guilty Gear c'est utile de savoir un peu du prorating. Si tu pars un combo avec un grab, ça la du prorating de comme 70%, çqui veut dire que tous les move après font obligatoirement 70% de damage à la place de 100% (ce ajouté au prorating fait par le nombre de coups qtas fait dans ton combo).

Plus ton combo est cheap plus ya du prorating, fak c'est genre grab > low punch > punch > low kick > kick > low slash > slash (rendu à slash yen a presque pu).

Quand tu fais des air combo essaye de pas faire de punch, ça la du prorating de fou au point que c'est mieux de faire 4 coups que de faire 5 coups pis le premier coup c'est un punch.

Pour çqui est de pas faire de damage, quand tu fais des combo qya pas 100 punch dedans en général c'est cool. Vla un combo qui fait 132/400 HP de damage même après un grab:

Grab -> Kick Slash GraveDigger -> Kick Slash jump Kick Slash jump Kick Dust GraveDigger

pis ben euh, c'est ça. XD

Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:12 pm

Hyouzan wrote:
Project Justice is waaaaaaay better than Rival Schools, so you want to play on DC anyways. Razz

How so?

I've only seen "omg 3 player team attack" plus the team attack cancel thing. Aren't all the mechanics the same? It's not that much better IMO.

Well... yeah that's pretty much the only difference, plus better graphics, and maybe new moves but I don't think so. Still, that means you get to have 3 fighters teams, which is more fun IMO. I also think that being able to stop the other players two team attack a great addition. You special bar also ends at lvl 5, versus like 9 or 10 in the first Rival Schools, which is more balanced I think.

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:25 pm

True for all that, in the first one you could spam unstoppable Special-Gauge-giving-team-attack Hinata or Natsu and then let out 9 Burning Vigor attacks randomly.

Or you could simply win with the team attacks for which the startup had horrible priority and they did horrible damage >_>

Snakejin wrote:
I like really fighting games mostly Guilty Gear, the best of 2d games ^^
We can make such a duel if you want ^^

damn, I never saw that o_o.

If you can do 120-130 damage comboes without an overdrive (like mine I linked above -- before you tell me, I know there's a flaw in it), and use some RC's, me and my group would be glad to meet you (we're pretty high-leveled ^^; )

Which characters do you like?

Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:07 pm

True for all that, in the first one you could spam unstoppable Special-Gauge-giving-team-attack Hinata or Natsu and then let out 9 Burning Vigor attacks randomly.

Or you could simply win with the team attacks for which the startup had horrible priority and they did horrible damage >_>

Then again, there are the guts boosting team attacks, which allow neverending use of team attacks. <_< They are rather weak, but it still gives an infinite full gauge.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:04 pm

Me, I love pwning ppl with Astaroth in Soul Calibur 3 (I was the one beating almost everyone at the convention XD) I haven't played that many fighting games though <<; But I love the SC series lol

Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:02 pm

I used to really screw people's minds with Charade, and got good with all characters XD

SC3 hmm... bought it, played it a bit, then lost interest.. nobody around me plays anymore, so..

I also thought I like 2D games better after all, but SC is a great game, I'm especially surprised by the third.. it's just.. beautiful ^_^

Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 am

JADORE LE JEU TEKKEN :D Surtout le personnage d'un vieux qui plie son genoux des 2 sens ! Sans joke faut remarker sa en jouant ! Selon mon ami ALF et moi c'est LE VIEUX MOUUU ^^ mais sans jokes pour les jeu de figth yé vraiment bon ste jeux la , full de modes pis toutes , avec des vidéo spécials sur chaqu'un des bonhomme kan ont passe tout les figth !!
JADORE LE PERSO YOSHIMITSU (o__0)yé trop cool !!
Well kk1 connais sa ossi ? Sushichan ^^

Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

Tekken j'aime plus ou moins, étant devenu un fan de jeux plus fast-paced comme Guilty Gear ou Melty Blood Act Cadenza (sorti vla 4 jours pis qui est très cool btw). C'est le genre de jeu que tu peux être quelqu'un de moyen pis battre tous ceux en dessous de toi avec un seul move bien placé fait à répétition un peu comme SC.

Je diss pas le jeu (pcq c'est la faute du monde poche si y se font prendre par la même attaque tout le temps ;P) mais je l'aime plus ou moins. Ça pis c'est juste impossible de trouver des joueurs de niveau tournoi à Tekken alors ça m'intéresse peu ^^;.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:57 am

I guess nobody play fighting games anymore.

/sarcasm

- Comiket 42

MyAnimeList : http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Choy

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next