This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Wondering on webcomic 

Oie

Webcomics artists count as "anime-goers"? I mean, alot of webcomic artists GO to anime-convo's in the artist ally since they don't really have a "webcomic artist" convo. so,ya? They open range? Cause I'd love to see the guy from Applegeeks and the guy from alt+crtl+del attented (They both live in the states and CAD recently turned into a animation) and maybe megetokyo? If you'll need links, I could provide. :-)

And the guy who does nautro voice.. I mean.. BELIVE IT.. it has to go.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:38 am
Profile WWW

Webcomics artists count as "anime-goers"? I mean, alot of webcomic artists GO to anime-convo's in the artist ally since they don't really have a "webcomic artist" convo. so,ya?

Oh, absolutly. You should expect webcomic artitis at an anime con since they are considered part of the anime fandom. There are a lot of popular webcomics out there with a loyal following and, as you pointed out, since there is no "webcomic artist" conventions out there, the closest that you could get will be anime ones like ours. :D

Quote:
They open range? Cause I'd love to see the guy from Applegeeks and the guy from alt+crtl+del attented (They both live in the states and CAD recently turned into a animation) and maybe megetokyo?

I'm quite familiar with all three of them and they will be considered for invites. Although I like to point out that when webcomic artists do go to a convention they are responsible for most, if not all, their traveling expenses. So it might be problematic if a webcomic artist has to travel far to get to Montreal, especially from the US since they have to go through customs. :(

But then you may never know. Some will come despite the expense and trouble if they feel or know that coming to a Montreal con will be worth all that effort to meet their fans (hint, hint). :wink:

http://www.otakuthon.com
E-mail: programming@otakuthon.com

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:50 am

Well, I know CAD guy comes to ZeStuff once in awhile.. The person I want to meet most is the guy from apple geeks for 2 reasons.

1) HE STOLE MY NAME (I'm hawk, he is fake,I swear)
2) I ordered stuff from him and I'm still kinda waiting for my stuff a month later..

So, I'll have to challange him to a battle with spoons. >,> Yesh, Spoons.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:27 pm
Profile WWW

Bandit wrote:
Oie

Webcomics artists count as "anime-goers"? I mean, alot of webcomic artists GO to anime-convo's in the artist ally since they don't really have a "webcomic artist" convo. so,ya? They open range? Cause I'd love to see the guy from Applegeeks and the guy from alt+crtl+del attented (They both live in the states and CAD recently turned into a animation) and maybe megetokyo? If you'll need links, I could provide. :-)

And the guy who does nautro voice.. I mean.. BELIVE IT.. it has to go.

im a webcomic artist..well i think i am :)
lol not famous but still :wink:

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:19 pm
Profile WWW

Heh,Very cool. Hope you have a table in Artists Ally then. :-)

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:59 am
Profile WWW

I was hoping I'd be able to see Scott from VGCats one day. It seems Otakuthon has granted my wishes. :D

BTW, I think I'm considered a webcomic artist... although not quite popular at the moment. A TMNT doujinshi to be precise. Too bad everytime people think "TMNT", they think "kiddy".
Anyway, I hope I do get a table at the artist alley too.

Sun May 07, 2006 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]