This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Invite MOSAIC.WAV as featured artist 

It's time you guys kick it into high gear and invite a Japanese sound unit for the next Otakuthon. Animenorth had KOTOKO and Momo-i, now it's your turn and I suggest... MOSAIC.WAV !!!

I recently interviewed them and they'd definitely be interested in performing in Canada. At the end of the month, they're playing the Animelo 2008 Challenge along with JAM Project and countless others.

You can read the interview along with weekly MOSAIC.WAV news+articles @

PS: To whoever was running the Otakuthon booth today at the Matsuri; I'm the one who quickly dropped by and mentioned them.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Okay, let me say it straight, and not as a organizer, which I'm not, but at as a con attendee.

Otakuthon and AN isn't the same thing. AN is older than otakuthon and they get a lot more attendee than we are (over 14 000, they are the 4th biggest anime con in north america). So they can afford things Otakuthon cannot, like inviting japanese guest.

When a con invites a guest, that means they'll pay for them to get there and for hotel and food. Do you know how much is a plane ticket from Japan to Montreal? A lot of money. Yes, they could invite them, but that'll probably mean rising up the registration price plus cutting on everything else. AN is making more money because they get more attendees than Otakuthon is, so they can offert pricier things.

So that's the reason why I don't think you'll have that wish granted for the next few years.

Next thing I have to say, please, never contact any one asking them if they are interested to come. It can cause great harms to Otakuthon to do that. The only person who can ask someone to come to the convention is the guest director. If some else do it and then, the artist doesn't receive any news about that, it can give Otakuthon a bad name of not replying to those people. Please, consider it when approaching an artist.

Forum Fairy! If you have any questions about the masquerade, ask me / Fée du Forum! Si vous avez des questions sur la masquerade, posez-les moi

Si mon nom est en noir, c'est que je suis une ex-modératrice de forum/ If my name is in black, it's because I'm a retired forum moderator :)

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:23 am
Profile YIM

Dommage...j'aimerais bien que "SCANDAL" jouent a Montreal!

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:38 pm
Super Moderator / Forum Director

Please, refrain from hijacking threads and allways check the dates before posting. locked

Svp, évite "d'hijacké" des threads and regarde toujours les dates avant de posté. locked

David Leblanc
Forum Director
Otaku Anime of Concordia University forums

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:58 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]