This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Suggestion for Guest 

le problème avec Himeka, c'est que pour la faire venir, faut passer par Sony!

Si mon nom est en noir, c'est que je suis une ex-modératrice de forum/ If my name is in black, it's because I'm a retired forum moderator :)

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:47 pm
Profile YIM

jusdepomme wrote:
le problème avec Himeka, c'est que pour la faire venir, faut passer par Sony!

Ow. C'est pas juste un ti-problème... @_@

Cosplay : Kakashi (2008), Armando Diego, Godot (2009), RED Soldier (2010), RED Scout (2011), RED Spy (2012)
Achievements : RPG Battle (Champion 2009), CosplayChess (Winner 2009), Crier toute la fin de semaine (2010)

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:18 am
Profile WWW

Je sais que c'est comme presque impossible et tout mais si un jour vous invitez Aurore Black Cat, auteure de plusieurs B.D., celle qui fait depuis quelques années l'affiche officielle de la Japan-Expo (la plus grande convention européenne et française), connue sur le web pour ses dessins qui sont impressionnant, ça serait génial.

Son site web: http://auroreblackcat.free.fr/

Sunday: Sailor V (Sailor Moon / Codename: Sailor V)
Otakuthon member since 2006! SeleneeCosplay

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 am
Profile WWW

Dites... je sais que pour cette années c'est surement à l'eau... mais... j'avoue qu'avoir la bande du démon du rire serait génial.
Banal Fantasy
Résident Sénile
Meta gueule solide... Ça vous dit quelque chose?
Ils ont fait certaines des parodies mp3 les plus populaires en français...
Bon, leurs parodies parlent de jeux vidéo en grande partie, mais les jeux vidéo sont une grande part de Otakuthon non?
vous en pensez quoi?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:54 pm
Profile WWW

i would like to see Clamp(or at least one or two members) because i'm sure so many people would like that(me included) or maybe Shinishi Watanabe a.k.a Nabeshin(Excel Saga,Cowboy Bebop),Koshi Rikdo(excel saga),Kia Asamiya(martian successor nadeshiko) and Kenichi Sonoda(Gunsmith Cats)

i know its really difficult having those people...but damn it would be awesome.

Thanks!:D

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:58 pm

I don't think we could have CLAMP. They've been out of Japan only twice and it was for Anime Expo (USA) and Japan Expo (France) and these conventions have like 50 000 peoples that are going...

Si mon nom est en noir, c'est que je suis une ex-modératrice de forum/ If my name is in black, it's because I'm a retired forum moderator :)

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:09 pm
Profile YIM

jusdepomme wrote:
I don't think we could have CLAMP.

The missing part of that statement is "YET". "I don't think we could have CLAMP... YET!". :)

Give us a few more years to grow...

Vice-President/Vice Chair Otakuthon 2009
"150 ninjas at the foot of a mountain..."

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:01 pm

I would looove to see them again :) Hopefully, Otakuthon will be the third convention to bring them here ;)

BTW, I love your signature Zed ;) I'm a ninja! XD

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:50 pm
Profile YIM

Yes, yes, Zed has a win signature.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:15 pm

I went to otakuthon last year and it's really a small convention. Honestly, I don't think big names would come here unless you have more then 10,000 or more attendees or that you really pay them well. I went to Anime Boston this year and I've met with Uematsu Nobuo. He was only there for one day, one hour. They couldn't afford him for more then that.

Clamp, I think they ask for enormous amount of money, so forget that. In fact, for japanese people, you have to pay for a translator too (just kept that in mind).

Also, there isn't a lot of advertising for the con. I only heard about the convention a week before I went. I never knew there was one in montreal.

(and question, what's with the -thon?, it's the weirdest anime con name I've heard and probably the less appealing too. is it some kind of french punch line or something? I thought that thon was some kind of fish... so I just don't get it)

( ・∀・)[=========ビーム!!

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:41 am
Profile WWW

the suffix "thon" usually refers to activities for financing and donations, like marathon, radiothon or telethon where non-profit-making organizations gather money for causes. I don't think the Otakuthon gives back money to children hospitals, or anything like that, but it is non-profit-making and completely organized by volunteers ^^.
Maybe the name is not appealing to you, but that's your opinion. I personally am very fond of it.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:05 am
Profile WWW

mirot wrote:
Clamp, I think they ask for enormous amount of money, so forget that. In fact, for japanese people, you have to pay for a translator too (just kept that in mind).

Don't worry, we have that well in mind. Our guest services department is well on top of things.

mirot wrote:
Also, there isn't a lot of advertising for the con. I only heard about the convention a week before I went. I never knew there was one in montreal.

So in your opinion, where could we have advertised that you would have noticed? Sadly, when it comes to advertising, we've found that it's generally a poor investment compared to the number of people that it reaches. For the price of, say, a couple of weeks of putting up a big poster in a single Metro station, we could bring in a Japanese guest. Most people attending would rather have the guest. And really? We're not complaining about the number of people coming. We've had double the growth rate of most North American anime conventions in similarly sized cities for 4 years running now.

mirot wrote:
(and question, what's with the -thon?, it's the weirdest anime con name I've heard and probably the less appealing too. is it some kind of french punch line or something? I thought that thon was some kind of fish... so I just don't get it)

As SagiAndTheLostOcean pointed out, it's a portmanteau word combining "Otaku" and "marathon". "Otaku" is pretty self-explanatory; "marathon" is a term usually used to describe long races, but can also mean any event of long duration requiring endurance. ;) It comes from Greek history, where after the Battle of Marathon a soldier ran all the way to Athens (over 40km!) to bring news of the Greek victory to the king, and then promptly died from exhaustion. While we hope that people are so enthused by Otakuthon that they enjoy it to the fullest, we don't suggest getting QUITE that enthusiastic!

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am

Ça serais cool d'avoir quelqu'un de l'industrie, genre FUNimation ou autre. Je sais pas comment vous aviez fait pour avoir Matt Greenfield y'a deux ans (surtout que c'était quand ADV était littéralement entrain de couler :lol:), mais c'était pas mal cool. :mrgreen: Au niveau québecois, p-e quelqu'un d'Imavision ou Télétoon ça serait intéressant.

Sat May 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Scott Ramsoomair (l'auteur de Vg Cats)
http://www.vgcats.com/

David Stanworth de Snafu.

http://www.snafu-comics.com/comics.php

Et je suis pour James Wolfe (AVGN) et pour That Guy With The Glasses.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Oh que oui , Scott Ramsoomair serait super ! Franchement , GIMME. =P

Pareil pour James Rolfe ( tu y étais presque. =P ) , mais je doute qu'il soit dans le domaine Jap' , contrairement à Scott qui fait des BD sur des animes & jeux video , AVGN & TGWTG ne s'occupent que de vieux produit vidéo-ludique majoritairement américain. Mais si l'Otak' pourrait les invités et qu'ils/il acceptent l'invitation , je ne demande qu'a les rencontrés. =)
Par contre , je crois que That Guy With The Glasses ( ou Nostalgia Critics ) n'a vraiment pas sa place à un évènement comme l'Otak' même si j'aimerais lui aussi le rencontré.

( So please Otakuthon , give us ( at least ) AVGN ! \o/ =D )

Otakuthon 2009 :
Luke Fon Fabre [Tales of the abyss] ( 100% )

Otakuthon 2010 :
Kamina [Gurren Lagann] (0%)
Ragna The Bloodedge [Blazblue] (100%)

Tue May 18, 2010 11:12 pm

Hilarie wrote:
Oh que oui , Scott Ramsoomair serait super ! Franchement , GIMME. =P

C'est peux probable que nous allons bientôt ramener M. Ramsoomair. Nous l'avons invité la deuxieme année d'Otakuthon, mais il avait décidé en fin de journée samedi qu'il n'était pas content avec la convention, et il est parti samedi soir, même s'il avait des panels de prévus pour le dimanche. Donc, nous ne sommes par préssés de lui inviter de nouveau.

Tue May 18, 2010 11:40 pm

...en effet ... vu comme cela , qu'il reste chez lui. =|

Bien sûr j'aimerais le rencontrer mais bon ... si il est pour faire sa "douche" encore une fois... =|

...Full force on AVGN then. =P

Otakuthon 2009 :
Luke Fon Fabre [Tales of the abyss] ( 100% )

Otakuthon 2010 :
Kamina [Gurren Lagann] (0%)
Ragna The Bloodedge [Blazblue] (100%)

Fri May 21, 2010 12:39 am

nmfrter wrote:
Dites... je sais que pour cette années c'est surement à l'eau... mais... j'avoue qu'avoir la bande du démon du rire serait génial.
Banal Fantasy
Résident Sénile
Meta gueule solide... Ça vous dit quelque chose?
Ils ont fait certaines des parodies mp3 les plus populaires en français...
Bon, leurs parodies parlent de jeux vidéo en grande partie, mais les jeux vidéo sont une grande part de Otakuthon non?
vous en pensez quoi?

Ça serait géant sincèrement, mais connaissant certains amis de Durendal, ils m'ont souvent dit qu'il est très difficile de l'entrainer dans une Convention. Junior, je ne le connais pas vraiment particulièrement cependant.

Je sais qu'il y a deux ans j'avais projeté de faire un skit a la mascarade mais avec BF comme trame. j'avais même demandé a Durendal pour ça. Mais, j'ignore si beaucoup de gens de l'otakuthon connaissent vraiment le Démon du Rire, et s'ils seront tenté par le genre d'humour invoqué (qui, il faut souligner, ne plait pas à tout le monde). Je sais que plusieurs membres du forum du Démon du Rire sont Québécois; mais ensuite, combien participe à l'Otakuthon?

Si beaucoup de monde s'accorde pour qu'il vienne ( et peut-être avec Criboux et cie tant qu'a y être?) je m'engage à communiquer avec eux. D'ici là, je ne crois pas que ce sera possible, d'autant plus que Durendal n'a jamais voyagé à l'étranger.

Otakuthon 2009 : Kazune (OC) 100%

Otakuthon 2010 : Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 5%
Souseiseki (Rozen Maiden) 100%

Fri May 21, 2010 8:11 am

Hé bien justement on pourrait jouer sur ce point! Un voyage pour le québec contre sa présence à Otak, c'est équitable XD
Oui, je sais que cet humour ne plait pas à tout le monde mais ce serait vraiment génial.
Et j'adorerais voir Criboux et tout les autres!
Enfin... Si Otak veut bien les inviter, je crois que je fais une crise de coeur de bonheur. XD

Fri May 21, 2010 12:33 pm
Profile WWW

Je met mon appuie pour la gang du Démon du Rire...!! Ça serait vraiment trop cool :P

Page deviantART: http://celticsakura.deviantart.com/

Mon May 31, 2010 9:24 am

Greg Ayres~! lol <3

Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3