This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
2013 Guests Suggestions 

Doesn't it sound AWESOME?? :D It should totally happen! And the number of characters per voice actor depends on how many voice actors there are! If there is like 2 voice actors then they can have about 4-5 characters each but if there is more than the character selection is limited! I definitely think that many people would be down for a "Ask An Anime Character" panel! (:

Fri May 10, 2013 11:05 pm

MyLife_MyAnime wrote:
Doesn't it sound AWESOME?? :D It should totally happen! And the number of characters per voice actor depends on how many voice actors there are! If there is like 2 voice actors then they can have about 4-5 characters each but if there is more than the character selection is limited! I definitely think that many people would be down for a "Ask An Anime Character" panel! (:

In that case, you should drop a suggestion in the Suggestion thread; since this place is about Guests, it wouldn't be at the right place.

Feel free to post your suggestion though, along with Kawaii-Kon videos to show how it works. Maybe they'll consider it.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Yeah that would be wise! ;) Other than that, I'm super excited for the con!! :D So far we have J. Michael Tatum announced and that's awesome!:) Hopefully someone else will also be announced very soon!! Can't wait to hear more news. :)

Sat May 11, 2013 10:21 pm

With Space Battleship Yamato 2199 getting ready for worldwide release under the English title "Star Blazers 2199", I think it would be cool if this year invites the following to do a Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers panel so as to not only introduce new audiences to the world of Space Battleship Yamato, but also meet long-time North America-based fans of the legendary landmark anime franchise itself:

• Leiji Matsumoto (director and conceptual artist of the original SBY series)
  • Tim Eldred (webmaster of Cosmo DNA: The Star Blazers/Space Battleship Yamato Fan Community)
  • Yutaka Izubuchi (director of Yamato 2199)
  • Makoto Kobayashi (mechanical designer for Yamato 2199)
  • Takuya Kimura (Susumu Kodai in the 2010 SBY film)
  • Meisa Kuroki (Yuki Mori in the 2010 SBY film)
  • Takashi Yamazaki (director of the 2010 SBY film)
  • Kenneth Meseroll (voice of Derek Wildstar in the "Star Blazers" dub of SBY)
  • Amy Howard Wilson (voice of Nova in the "Star Blazers" dub of SBY)
  • And, of course scriptwriter Christopher McQuarrie (so he can discuss on progress on studio Skydance Productions' mission to obtain the U.S. live-action film rights to Star Blazers)

It's time Canada's anime fan community be re-introduced to the legend that defined anime for the current times.

Mon May 13, 2013 4:00 pm
Profile WWW

Lindsey Stirling as a guest. :)
YES!

Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 am

So...Do we have any idea as to who else is coming this year?

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:26 pm

sarroush wrote:
So...Do we have any idea as to who else is coming this year?

Not in the slightest...I'm just hoping for more FUNimation guests like J. Michael Tatum (: And I'm hoping more guests are announced SOON. :3

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Something just hit me...

Sword Art Online is coming very soon in English, and the anime got well-received, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Bryce Papenbrook (Kirito) and Cherami Leigh (Asuna) on the guest list this year.

If it's the case, I'll just bring my copy of Tales of Graces F for Bryce (Asbel) and my Fairy Tail poster for Cherami (Lucy) ^_^.

For those asking for Brina Palencia, I may have a good-news-like guess: Hetalia is getting more and more popular. J. Michael Tatum is voicing France, and Brina is voicing Chibitalia (Young Italy). Not only have these worked together on series like Black Butler and Spice and Wolf, but Hetalia is also a major project they have been working on together.

Speaking of Hetalia, how about this line-up?
J. Michael Tatum - France
Todd Haberkorn - Italy (BTW, be prepared for a hug line, he's often requested for one XD )
Patrick Seitz - Germany
Alexis Tipton - Japan
Eric Vale - America/Canada
Scott Freeman - England
Jerry Jewell - Russia
Clarine Harp - China
Brina Palencia - Chibitalia

Look, all bets are off for who might be announced yet, but usually, the con goes for big anime series. "This year is Bleach (2009)", "This year is Fullmetal Alchemist (2010)", "This year is Naruto (2011)", "This year is Tiger & Bunny/Persona (2012)"... so this year, I have a gut feeling that it might be the year of either Sword Art Online, Hetalia: Axis Power or Fairy Tail.
- Sword Art Online: for being newly announced, just like FMA Brotherhood was in 2010.
- Hetalia: for being popular, recently dubbed AND having a new series on-going.
- Fairy Tail, for being popular and for being resumed as for the English dubbing.

However, last year, we've gotten Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt. Yes, they worked on several projects together, but the anime "represented" that year wasn't that clear. Tiger & Bunny? Possible but we didn't get Wally Wingbert and Kari Wahlgren. Persona? Not that likely because only Yuri worked on P4 and Tara worked only on P3. They did work on P4A... but that's not an anime. Couples seem to be very easy to invite, since it's 2 birds with 1 stone. The only other couple I know of is Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham. However, they didn't work on something recently... UNLESS they're here to talk about the new BlazBlue anime. Still, like Yuri and Tara, they would made terrific guests to have so they can share their experience... and a few requests along the way ^_^ Another "couple" (not married) that could be invited is Erin Fitzgerald and Sam Riegal, a.k.a. the new voices for Chie Satonaka and Teddie respectively. Erin is still active for her role in League of Legends (Janna and Sona) and Sam just got the main role of Jude Mathis for the upcoming Tales of Xillia game. However, since they're the new faces for the Persona 4 series, that might be a greater deal ^_^.

TL;DR?
- Sword Art Online might be the main anime for the con this year.
- Hetalia: Axis Power might be the main anime for the con this year.
- Fairy Tail might be the main anime for the con this year.
- Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham might be two of the main guests for the con this year. If so, I'm gonna have a hard time selecting what to request from them and what to have them signed XD.
- Erin Fitzgerald and Sam Riegal might be two of the main guests for the con this year. If so, I'm totally asking for a P4A dialogue XD.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Monica Rial has been added to the list :D

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:51 pm

JiCi wrote:
Monica Rial has been added to the list :D

MONICA RIAL, OMG YES!♥ She's amazing. ♥

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:22 pm

MyLife_MyAnime wrote:

I'm now crossing my fingers for Jamie Marchi :)

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:58 am

JiCi wrote:
MyLife_MyAnime wrote:

I'm now crossing my fingers for Jamie Marchi :)

Same here! They are a team after all ;) Panty and Stocking, oh yeah!

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:44 pm

MyLife_MyAnime wrote:
Same here! They are a team after all ;) Panty and Stocking, oh yeah!

And Jo and Meg from Burst Angel...
And Rinslet Walker and Kyoko Kirisaki from Black Cat...
And Miria and Helen from Claymore...
And Chris Barkhorn and Charlotte E. Yeager from Strike Witches...
And Cana Alberona and Mirajane Strauss from Fairy Tail...
And Elizabeth "Liz" Thompson and Tsubaki Nakatsukasa from Soul Eater...
And Uzume and Miya Asama from Sekirei...
And Orgel Seira and Hazuki Shino from Chaos;Head...
And the Narrator and Belarus from Hetalia: Axis Power...
And Liliana il Grazioso Merlo Turan and Sara Augusta from Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing...
And Shoko Inari and Mayaya from Princess Jellyfish...
And Shizuka Nekonome and Yukari Sendo from Rosario + Vampire...

There is this running gag about Johnny Yong Bosch and Yuri Lowenthal who always end up working on the same projects (Code Geass, Tales of the Abyss. Persona 4, etc)... well, guess we found their female counterparts XD

Last edited by JiCi on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 am

Ahaha! It's so true! Nonetheless, I'm really happy with the guests so far and I'm anxious to find out who else will be joining! :D

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:34 pm

"More guest announcements are coming soon."

I presume that's for the Japanese Guest of Honor, among others. :D

I also have a feeling that there'll be a 2nd Cosplay Guest. Last year we had Adella and Alodia; we'll see for this year!

Conventions 2016:
G-A? | NC? | AN? | MCC? | OTK | CTC? | OTKHP

Cosplay/Outfits 2015:
Black & green combat photographer attire | All-black combat photographer attire | White & navy war correspondent attire

dA for photos & news: http://henrickson.deviantart.com/ | Twitter for WIPs & live reports: https://twitter.com/Henrickson_
Flickr for high-quality shots: https://www.flickr.com/photos/henrickson1/albums

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile WWW

Henrickson wrote:

I presume that's for the Japanese Guest of Honor, among others. :D

I also have a feeling that there'll be a 2nd Cosplay Guest. Last year we had Adella and Alodia; we'll see for this year!

Yeah, I have a feeling that they're still going to announce a couple of other north american guests of honor as well as a Japanese guest of honor and another cosplay guest too! :D Can't wait! 56 days guys!! :)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Henrickson wrote:

I hope so, I'm eager to see the rest :)

*crossing my fingers for Jamie Marchi*

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:48 pm

JiCi wrote:
Henrickson wrote:

I hope so, I'm eager to see the rest :)

*crossing my fingers for Jamie Marchi*

Same here! :) Crossing my fingers too! :3

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:41 am

Came here wondering: I don't see a japanese main guest... More to come right ?

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Mokmo wrote:
Came here wondering: I don't see a japanese main guest... More to come right ?

No worries, usually Otakuthon has 1 Japanese guest of honor so they'll be announced soon!:) Just got to keep on waiting!
I'm keeping my hopes up for at least 1-2 more American guests of honor to add to the amazing Monica Rial and Michael Tatum team, and I'm hoping for Jamie Marchi, Colleen Clinkenbeard or Brina Palencia! ♥ Hell, give us all 3, we don't mind! :wink:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:02 pm

MyLife_MyAnime wrote:
No worries, usually Otakuthon has 1 Japanese guest of honor so they'll be announced soon!:) Just got to keep on waiting!
I'm keeping my hopes up for at least 1-2 more American guests of honor to add to the amazing Monica Rial and Michael Tatum team, and I'm hoping for Jamie Marchi, Colleen Clinkenbeard or Brina Palencia! ♥ Hell, give us all 3, we don't mind! :wink:

Well, they did get 4 actors in 2010, 2011 and had planned for 4 last year, so...

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 am

Exactly:) That's why i'm expecting and hoping for 2 more actors!:) Oh and Happy Canada Day, everyone! ^_^

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Wish Otakuthon could get some Sailor Moon voice artists like Anime North had.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:21 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

umm...hello people! =D
I saw the 2 new guest of honor from japan, ryuusuke hamamoto and Gurihiru, are they gonna sell their prints? are they gonna have a table in the exhibition hall? =O

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:49 pm
Profile WWW

Veronica Taylor and David Vincent have been added to the guest list!

David Vincent, huh? T.Hawk, Jin Kisaragi, Richard :D

I am sooooooooooooooooo asking David for a Richard line from Tales of Graces F XD

Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next