This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2014 Guests Suggestions 

firebound12 wrote:
JiCi wrote:
Any news on what other guests won't be able to make due to being at other cons? While we're on the subject, what other cons are happening between August 22nd and 24th?

Anime Revolution in Vancouver is on the same weekend as us.

Ok... isn't there a total of 4 cons happening between August 22nd and 24th, Otakuthon included?

Mon May 26, 2014 3:55 pm

I think it would be a good idea to invite some of the cast and crew of RWBY like:
- Lindsay Tuggey (now Lindsay Jones), voice of Ruby
- Kara Eberle, voice of Weiss
- Arryn Zech, voice of Blake
- Barbara Dunkelman, voice of Yan (and also a fellow Montrealer)
- Miles Luna, voice of Jaune and writer
- Monty Oum, Voice of Ren, creator, director, writer and animator
- Michael Jones, voice of Sun
- Kerry Shawcross, writer

Having one, two or even three of them would be awesome!

Thu May 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Maryke Hendrikse, voix de Revy dans Black Lagoon
Steven ou Steve Blum, voix de Vincent Valentine dans Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children et voix de Orochimaru et Zabuza dans Naruto et Naruto Shippuden
Johnny Yong Bosch, voix de Ichigo Kurosaki dans Bleach, voix de Yukimura Sanada dans Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes et Samurai Kings, voix de Yu dans Persona 4 et Persona 4 the animation, voix de Brock dans Pokémon Origins
Vic Mignogna, voix de Edward Elric dans FullMetal Alchemist et FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood, voix de Tamaki dans Ouran High School Host Club, voix de Ikaku Madarame dans Bleach, voix de Tenkai/Akechi Mitsuhide dans Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes et Samurai Kings, et surprenament, voix de Broly dans DragonBall Z

Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:52 pm

zalera262 wrote:
Maryke Hendrikse, voix de Revy dans Black Lagoon
Steven ou Steve Blum, voix de Vincent Valentine dans Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children et voix de Orochimaru et Zabuza dans Naruto et Naruto Shippuden
Johnny Yong Bosch, voix de Ichigo Kurosaki dans Bleach, voix de Yukimura Sanada dans Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes et Samurai Kings, voix de Yu dans Persona 4 et Persona 4 the animation, voix de Brock dans Pokémon Origins
Vic Mignogna, voix de Edward Elric dans FullMetal Alchemist et FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood, voix de Tamaki dans Ouran High School Host Club, voix de Ikaku Madarame dans Bleach, voix de Tenkai/Akechi Mitsuhide dans Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes et Samurai Kings, et surprenament, voix de Broly dans DragonBall Z

On a déjà reçu JYB et Vic... mais Steven Blum serait bien ^_^

Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:57 pm

More guests that can't come to Otakuthn this year because they're at another convention the same weekend.
Some cosplayers are mixed in this.

Erica Mendez
Akira Yamaaoka
Gen Urobuchi
Shainji Aramaki
Marianne Miller
Jessica Nigri
Meg Turney
Vic Mignogna
Suagr Lyn Beard
Fighting Dreamers Production
Yaya Han
Lindze Merritt
Lisa Ortiz
Dean Redman
Michael Sinterniaklaas
Mike Mcfarland
origa
Angelic Pretty
Atsuo Nakayama
Jaime Tatsuabana
hideki sato
takashi matsuno
MAridah
Natalie Hoover

------------------

The total list of guests who can't come
Chris Patton
Kira Buckland
Cherami Leigh
Kyle Hebert
Leah Clark
Danielle McRae
Erica Mendez
Johnny Yong Bosch
Lauren Landa
Micah Solusod
Scott Freeman
Bill Rogers
Marc Swint
Todd Haberkorn
Ian Sinclair
Michael Sinternilaas
Leah Clark
Sonny Strait
Tia Ballard
Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany
Marianne Miller
J. Michael Tatum
Darrel Guilbeau
Greg Ayres
Chris Patton
Cristina Vee
Chris Cason
Erica Mendez
Akira Yamaaoka
Gen Urobuchi
Shainji Aramaki
Marianne Miller
Jessica Nigri
Meg Turney
Vic Mignogna
Suagr Lyn Beard
Fighting Dreamers Production
Yaya Han
Lindze Merritt
Lisa Ortiz
Dean Redman
Michael Sinterniaklaas
Mike Mcfarland
Origa
Angelic Pretty
Atsuo Nakayama
Jaime Tatsuabana
hideki sato
takashi matsuno
MAridah
Natalie Hoover

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:34 pm

These just got announced!
- Spike Spencer
- Shelley Calene-Black
- Brett Weaver

I'm surprised that they reinvite Spencer for a 2nd time, he came in 2008... but I'm hyped as Hell to see Shelley Calene-Black! Last year, I got my Noir poster signed by Monica Rial (Kirika Yumura) and now I'll be adding Shelley's autograph as well (Mireille Bouquet)! 100% completion! Well, I'll add Hilary Haag (Chloe) and Tiffany Grant (Altena) eventually... but again, I'll have the two protagonists! Grant came in 2008 as well... but, being my first Otakuthon, I was a total n00b and didn't know HOW to behave, or even what to see, at the con.

I'll be adding Spencer's autograph to my BlazBlue Continuum Shift case too ^_^ (I already got David Vincent's... a.k.a. two of the game's cheapest characters). I'll need a good Arakune line for this... aside from "Azure, azure, AZURE!" XD

Weaver... doesn't ring any bell to me. Sorry about that, but I don't know any of his projects. Yes, you can cue me Wikipedia, but again, I'm not familiar AT ALL with the series he worked on.

I'm pretty sure others might be added to the list, but for Spencer and Calene-Black, I'm stoked now!

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Why don,t they invite Johnny&Junkers or Okageo? They are extremely interested to get here and even know one of our famous cosplayer here (Suki Cosplay). They are insanely talented and have a really nice personality and are extremely kind with their fans. I have been asking for them for 3 years in a row.

https://www.facebook.com/JunkersCosplay?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Okageo?fref=ts

These guys work for Crunchyrolll as well.

At least I'm kinda glad that we got a Blazblue voice actor again. :) Kinda awkward to ask him for an autograph while dressed as Terumi Yuuki while ,my friend will be as Hazama XD

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Chung_Seiker wrote:
At least I'm kinda glad that we got a Blazblue voice actor again. :) Kinda awkward to ask him for an autograph while dressed as Terumi Yuuki while, my friend will be as Hazama XD

You should write down some of their quotes when they talk to Arakune... and have him say some quotes when he replies to those XD

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:05 pm

JiCi wrote:
Chung_Seiker wrote:
At least I'm kinda glad that we got a Blazblue voice actor again. :) Kinda awkward to ask him for an autograph while dressed as Terumi Yuuki while, my friend will be as Hazama XD

You should write down some of their quotes when they talk to Arakune... and have him say some quotes when he replies to those XD

You know, This isn't a bad idea. hehe *evil grin*

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:28 am

Schedule's out! Well an early version at least.

Saturday, I'll have the autograph for Shelley at 11am, her panel at noon... and Spike's autograph at 5pm. Either it's me, or Spike doesn't have a Q&A panel.

Sunday, I'll be attending the All-Star Voice Actor Panel at 11:30am.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Spike Spencer is most likely hosting the How to Be a Frickin Genius Voice Actor Step One Panel, the Don't Kill Your Date panel and the What Happens at the Con Stays at the Con Panel. It's the name of his books and workshops that he hosts at various cons.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Chung_Seiker wrote:
Why don't they invite Johnny&Junkers or Okageo?

Or Elffi, Ex-Shadow, etc? I'm pretty sure they did... It's no coincidence that Otakuthon this year has 2 male Cosplay Guests: Jesse Lagers and Kaname. I think the theme this year is "Male Cosplayers". :D

In all likelihood, they must've been already invited to other conventions, or have other important life events such as friends' weddings to attend, stuff like that. But let's not lose hope, maybe the con will invite them in the future?

Conventions 2016:
G-A? | NC? | AN? | MCC? | OTK | CTC? | OTKHP

Cosplay/Outfits 2015:
Black & green combat photographer attire | All-black combat photographer attire | White & navy war correspondent attire

dA for photos & news: http://henrickson.deviantart.com/ | Twitter for WIPs & live reports: https://twitter.com/Henrickson_
Flickr for high-quality shots: https://www.flickr.com/photos/henrickson1/albums

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:17 am
Profile WWW

ultramangaia66 wrote:
Spike Spencer is most likely hosting the How to Be a Frickin Genius Voice Actor Step One Panel, the Don't Kill Your Date panel and the What Happens at the Con Stays at the Con Panel. It's the name of his books and workshops that he hosts at various cons.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info, I'll try to attend on of these as well ^_^

(Emphasis on "try", because man oh man are there some amazing cosplays in store for this year XD )

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:55 am

30 secondes par personne? Vraiment là...?

Bon... quand de faire ça court :(

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 am
Super Moderator / Forum Director

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8896 Guest sugestions thread for next year is up guys.

Costuming.org forums

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5