This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
2014 Guests Suggestions 

one of the cons happening the same weekend this year will update their guest lists in 5 days and another guest to their list in 3 weeks.
i will keep you updated on that.

There might be other cons at the same weekend as otakuthon like Anime Revolution but they did not put their guest lists either.

so I will do my research online about those and keep this updated.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:11 am

AnonymousOtaku101 wrote:
one of the cons happening the same weekend this year will update their guest lists in 5 days and another guest to their list in 3 weeks.
i will keep you updated on that.

There might be other cons at the same weekend as otakuthon like Anime Revolution but they did not put their guest lists either.

so I will do my research online about those and keep this updated.

Well, can you tell us which other cons are happening at the same time as Otakuthon?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Colleen Clinkenbeard is definitely one of the most talented and one of my favourites, but she isn't the "queen". ;) That title is more for Monica Rial because she's been in the industry for longer and is in practically everything! Sorry if I seemed confusing. I like your suggestion on Todd Haberkorn, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Jamie Marchi and Troy Baker! I think i'd be really awesome! :)
Some cons happening the same weekend as Otakuthon are Anime California, Intervention, Kita-Kon, Matsuricon, and SaiKouCon.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:12 pm

An Cafe ont déjà fait des conventions auparavant notamment Kanon le bassite du groupe à la NY Anime Festival donc ça serait sympa si on pourrait les voir si on peut pas voir The GazettE on devrait pas baissé les bras si ils sont allés en Amérique du sud ils pourraient bien venir en Amérique du Nord c'est une occasion de pouvoir montré au jrockers qu'il y a des fans qui existent au Canada pis qui les aiment aussi :3

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:25 pm

What about the abridging comunity?...

I'm positive that TeamFourStar will come if we ask politely...
They do amazing work with Dragon ball Z abridged.

link: http://teamfourstar.com/convention-schedule/

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Ça serait génial s'il y avait un spectacle / mini-concert de Kyary Pamyu Pamyu!!
A Kyary Pamyu Pamyu show / mini-concert would be fantastic!!

Last edited by Saru-San on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Vous pourriez invité Yaya Han ou Kamui :)

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:51 am

Nostalgia Critic ou le gars de Salut les Geeks, ce serait cool !

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:09 am

A simple suggestion:

° Luci Christian
° Brittney Karbowski
° Jamie Marchi
° Brina Palencia
° Alexis Tipton

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:28 am

Quickie wrote:
A simple suggestion:

° Luci Christian
° Brittney Karbowski
° Jamie Marchi
° Brina Palencia
° Alexis Tipton

I'm liking that list too ;)

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Rika-chan wrote:
J'aimerais vraiment avoir comme artiste cette année : un groupe du Hello! Project dont Morning Musume. et je pense que je ne suis pas la seule à vouloir les faire venir à l'otakuthon un jour ^^

Mod Edit: No quotes on images please thanks.
http://www.helloproject.com/morningmusume/

J'ai trouvé un article japonais concernant un woldwide.

Ici la traduction anglaise :

Morning Musume goes WORLDWIDE, are you ready?

Morning Musume producer Tsunku♂’s (45) plans for Momusu’s worldwide advancement are beginning to materialize. To their regret, Momusu were not elected to appear at the influential NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen this year. On the 28th at the final show of their “Concert Tour 2013 Aki ~CHANCE!~” (Tokyo, Nippon Budokan), leader Michishige Sayumi (24) greeted the audience in an MC: “It was a good year even if it’s a shame about how it’s ending. But we’re going to keep being positive and doing our best!” While the rest of the members seem bitter about it as well, Tsunku♂ has already set his sights to the next stage outside the borders of Japan.

As an anonymous source involved in music points out: “the musicianship of Momusu is their greatest asset.“

In recent years, Momusu has adopted the EDM (electronic dance music) genre that’s popular worldwide, aiming for a further evolution in their performance. Furthermore they now feature complex formation dances done in beautiful form.

The aforementioned source adds: “Right now the popularity of Momusu overseas is amazing. While groups like AKB and Momoclo are popular, too, Momusu surpasses them on that front. While there’s of course the language barrier, they have the weapon of “musicianship” that other groups do not possess. Whereas in the past Momusu were known in large part for their TV personalities who appeared on variety programs, now they are seen as artists. That’s their strong point.“

He says that next year they will increase their promotional activities in the West. Tsunku♂ has started planning to have the group break internationally before having them appear on Kouhaku next year through “reimportation.”

Original Article from > http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/en ... nt/209249/
Translation at > http://wotaintranslation.com

YES I SUPPORT!! I want to see morning musume too!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

A FUNimation panel should be in the cards.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Quickie wrote:
A FUNimation panel should be in the cards.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!
A panel of FUNimation voice actors would sooooo be an epic win. 8)

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:18 pm

An update on the guests who can't come because they're at another convention the same weekend.

Todd Haberkorn
Ian Sinclair
Michael Sinternilaas
Leah Clark
Sonny Strait

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 pm

AnonymousOtaku101 wrote:
An update on the guests who can't come because they're at another convention the same weekend.

Todd Haberkorn
Ian Sinclair
Michael Sinternilaas
Leah Clark
Sonny Strait

Aw man! :3
Sucks...especially about Todd and Ian, those guys rock!
Thanks for the update though! (:

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Once again, as every year, I would like to suggest Mark Crilley as a possible guest for this year's Otakuthon. I have already spoke with him and he would be glad to come if Otakuthon can fly him here from where he lives and that it does match with his schedule.

For those wondering, Mark Crilley is a Mangaka and a How to draw Mangas videos maker on Youtube. He is the author of Brody's Ghost, Miki Falls and Mastering Mangas 1 and soon 2.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:44 am

NAGISA wrote:
nano (ナノ) or ONE OK ROCK or My First Story please! ;A;

Yes One Ok Rock it's a good idea ! and what about An cafe or kanon the bassist of An cafe he went to NY anime fest

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... fe-bassist

but it will be nice if all the An Cafe members come to the Otakuthon

Next The Gazette it's a nice j.rock and visual kei band. They held their first WORLD TOUR in September 2013 they went to

South America so why not North America?( If you watched Kuroshitsuji S2 the opening it's them :3)

and Akira Yamaoka *q* the god of silent hill soundtrack :3

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 pm

[English will follow]

Bonjour!

Je suis une très grande fan de LeetStreet Boys et j'ai assisté au concert en 2011 et j'ai tellement apprécié mon expérience que j'aimerais proposer qu'ils reviennent en 2014! JE crois que vous feriez plus qu'un heureux!!!!!

Merci!

Pour ceux qui ne connaissent pas le groupe voici quelques chansons d'eux :

Imaginary Boys - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir2SaCgM0N4
Cosplay Girlfriend - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClDTkYqKP8M
Yuri the Only One - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189QSTKC5no
The Song of Time -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOKdAm569U&list=PLLUqmudl7lPuctwjymTkAyK9PxsZjOxBY
Otaku Anthem - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT6mVdmGJNw&list=PLLUqmudl7lPuctwjymTkAyK9PxsZjOxBY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I'm a huge fan of LeetStreet Boys and I was there at their concert in 2011. I loved it so much that I would like to propose their comeback in 2014. I'm sure you would make more then one person happy!!!!!!!

For People who doesn't know the group there are a couple of links to some of their songs above ^^

Thank you!

Last edited by firebound12 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

all guest suggestion should be in the official thread~

Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 am

Could you guys please invite Yaya Han. I'm dying to meet such a talented cosplayer with great craftsmanship :O

It would also be really great to have Rooster Teeth and Game Grumps

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 pm

AnonymousOtaku101 wrote:

Todd Haberkorn
Ian Sinclair
Michael Sinternilaas
Leah Clark
Sonny Strait

Well darn it... So much for getting Natsu :(

Ok, gonna throw one [more] list, maybe the Otakuthon staff can surf on that series popularity with the latest announcements:
- Sam Riegal
- Troy Baker
- Erin Fitzgerald
- Amanda Wynn Lee

Teddie, Kanji, Chie and Yukiko from Persona 4. The Animation was a success, Arena was a success, so much that the sequel will be released this fall, and 3 MORE Persona games have been announced.

Then again, if we get Troy Baker and Colleen Clinkenbeard, at the very least, Trinity Blood fans will be served ^_^

LemonCitrus wrote:
Could you guys please invite Yaya Han. I'm dying to meet such a talented cosplayer with great craftsmanship :O

It would also be really great to have Rooster Teeth and Game Grumps

Yaya Han was there in 2011, so I don't think they'll re-invite her again for a little while.

As for Rooster Teeth, a RWBY panel would be nice ^_^

Last edited by JiCi on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:53 am

It would be awesome to see people like David Vincent, Monica Rial, Veronica Taylor or J.Michael Tatum make a return to Otakuthon this coming August. It really looked like they were enjoying themselves during Otakuthon 2013. Of course, I'm open to any other guests suggestions for this conventions as well, it's always great to meet new people. Would love the chance to meet Bryce Papenbrook or Cassandra Lee Morris if they were ever invited (Kirito and Leafa wohoo!!). Or if you get them both of them with David Vincent and you have 3 of the main characters from Tales of Graces F (Asbel, Sophie, and Richard)

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Bringing you another update on the guests who can't come because they're at another convention the same weekend

Tia Ballard
Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany
Marianne Miller
J. Michael Tatum
Darrel Guilbeau

Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:21 am

xSeiryux wrote:
NAGISA wrote:
nano (ナノ) or ONE OK ROCK or My First Story please! ;A;

Yes One Ok Rock it's a good idea ! and what about An cafe or kanon the bassist of An cafe he went to NY anime fest

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... fe-bassist

but it will be nice if all the An Cafe members come to the Otakuthon

Next The Gazette it's a nice j.rock and visual kei band. They held their first WORLD TOUR in September 2013 they went to

South America so why not North America?( If you watched Kuroshitsuji S2 the opening it's them :3)

and Akira Yamaoka *q* the god of silent hill soundtrack :3

ONE OK ROCK is coming to Toronto!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/ONEOKROCK

Having missed their live concert in New York because of parents, this time, I'm definitely going, lol.

Now, I'm crossing my fingers for Otakuthon to invite nano. Honestly, I'm surprised there are many people that know her in Montreal. (I'm thinking of starting a petition, orz... I think I'm that desperate for her)
Having seen her evolution from a Youtube singer to a Nico Nico utaite and to a real singer going overseas for live performances (such as anime convention DoKomi in Dusseldorf, Germany (her first live performance overseas) and Indonesia), she's definitely a must as a performing guest. nano is a Japanese singer who was born in New York and later moved to Japan. She is perfectly bilingual, so I'm guessing the Q&A session will be really really cool. She's also known for her powerful boyish voice.

[3/8/14] edit: ONE OK ROCK IS COMING TO MONTREAL FOR THE VANS WARPED TOUR WHICH IS ON JULY 5TH, 2014!

Last edited by NAGISA on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm

For NA guests, I'd say:
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Wendee Lee and maybe Colleen Clinkenbeard. Mary's defo at top for me though.

For JP guests, Ohara Sayaka. That is all!
(ok, not true, but if I listed my JP guests, it'd be more than a handful) Plus, Sayaka knows english relatively well, so translators wouldn't be needed for her!

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:56 pm

sarroush wrote:
For NA guests, I'd say:
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Wendee Lee and maybe Colleen Clinkenbeard. Mary's defo at top for me though.

For JP guests, Ohara Sayaka. That is all!
(ok, not true, but if I listed my JP guests, it'd be more than a handful) Plus, Sayaka knows english relatively well, so translators wouldn't be needed for her!

YES for Sayaka Ohara♥
If we got both Sayaka Ohara and Colleen Clinkenbeard we could soooo have an "Ask Yuko or Erza" panel with the two of them seeing as BOTH Sayaka and Colleen voice Yuko Ichihara (xxxHOLiC) and Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)! It would totally rock!! 8)

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:15 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next