This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
2015 Guest Suggestions 

Hello my fellow otakus of Montreal! Welcome to the topic "2015 Guest Suggestions!" :D
I know that Otakuthon 2014 has JUST begun and I hope everyone has had a great start so far! :)

As my previous topic thread back in 2013, this is a topic for the upcoming year: 2015! ;) I thought that since we are all in the con mode/spirit at the moment, we could all start discussing which anime guests (of honour) we would like to see at Otakuthon 2015, specifically voice actors (both North American and Japanese).
This year, we have Shelley-Calene Black, Spike Spencer, and Brett Weaver as our North American Guests of Honour, and we have Yui Ishikawa (YAY MIKASA♥), Nobuo Uematsu, BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT (featuring Midori-Chan), Masayuki Ozaki, neko, and Kaname☆ as our Japanese Guests of Honour. WOW, what a great list we've got here, folks. :)
Although this list is clearly epic, I think it would still be a good idea to start discussing which new (or even familiar) faces we'd like to see at our AWESOME Anime Convention! Don't you agree? I know it's very difficult to choose amongst all those very talented voice actors out there, but with a bit (or a lot) of discussion, I'm sure we'll be able to come up with a great list of suggestions. :)

Now I've said it once and i'll say it again, I believe that Colleen Clinkenbeard from FUNimation Entertainment should most definitely be at the top of our suggestion list! She is a very talented and awesome voice actress who is very popular as you guys would probably recognize her as Monkey D. Luffy in One Piece, Riza Hawkeye/Rose Thomas in Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (not to mention she also directed half of Fullmetal Alchemist!), Yuko Ichihara in xxxHOLiC, Erza Scarlet in Fairy Tail, Moka Akashiya (Inner) in Rosario+Vampire, Hana in Wolf Children, Momiji in Good Luck Girl! (Binbougami-ga!), and many more epic roles like these. :)

Another voice actress whom I believe would make a great addition is Jamie Marchi also from FUNimation Entertainment. You guys probably know her as Panty Anarchy in Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Cana Alberona in Fairy Tail, Rana Linchen in Freezing, Rias Gremory in High School DxD, and others I haven't mentioned. As a little side note, if we were to consider Jamie, I would highly consider re-inviting Monica Rial as well, even though she did come in 2013, since both have done numerous anime together and besides, who wouldn't want a Panty and Stocking panel? ;)

As for some male voice actors, I think i'd be really cool to invite Bryce Papenbrook as his popularity in anime is rising due to his recent roles such as Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan, Kirito in Sword Art Online, Rin Okumura in Blue Exorcist, Red in Pokemon Origins, and yeah, you guys get the point. ;) Another male voice actor, and one of FUNimation's best directors (in my opinion) that we should consider is Mike McFarland. Mike has directed over 20 anime including Attack on Titan in which he also voiced Jean Kirstein, Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in which he also voiced Jean Havoc, One Piece, Eden of the East, Wolf Children, Summer Wars, Hal and many more awesome series. :)

As you all can see, these are my first 4 suggestions for North American guests, and I'd really love for all of you to comment on who you think should attend Otakuthon 2015, but no rush, we have plenty of time. ;) Don't forget to comment which Japanese guests you'd like to see as well. :)

Thanks everyone and enjoy the rest of Otakuthon 2014! I look forward to discussing more guests with you in the near future! :D

Last edited by MyLife_MyAnime on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 am

I'll go with Erin Fitzgerald and still suggesting inviting some pro players from League of Legends industry =D

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:33 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'd be down for a LoL-themed con... as if this year's wasn't LoL-oriented already XD (LOTS of LoL cosplayers, it was crazy.)

On the top of my head:
- Erin Fitzgerald (Janna, Sona)
- Travis Willingham (Talon)
- Laura Bailey (Akali)
- Kyle Hebert (Ezreal, Jarvan)
- Karen Strassmen (Shyvana, Fiora, Zyra, Cassiopeia, Elize)
- Jamieson Price (Garen)
- Cristina Vee (Riven)
- Liam O'Brien (Yasuo)

Oh BTW, don't ask me about cosplayers, I know nothing about them...

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Miyuki Sawashiro (One of my personal fav seiyuu)
Kugimiya Rie (All hail the queen)
Takeru Sato (This dude, is an all star actor)

And this one is most likely never to happen:
Pile(<3 her voice)

OH! and why the hell not:
Saki Fujita (I bet 95% of you listen REGULARLY to her 'voice' )

Other than that, get spike spencer again, his panels were one of the few where I didn't practically fall asleep, hes awesome!

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Someone on twitter suggested Luna Lanie as guest

https://twitter.com/HallowedArrow/statu ... 1673978881

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:20 am
Profile WWW

Seeing as this will be Otakuthon's 10th anniversary, here are my suggestions for voice actor guests:

Cowboy Bebop:
Steve Blum
Beau Billingslea
Wendee Lee
Melissa Fahn

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex:
Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn (also known for Eureka Seven, Naruto)
Richard Epcar

Sailor Moon (original DIC cast or new dub cast)
The original voice director, Roland Parliament (who is Canadian) is releasing a book next month, called Sailor Moon Reflections which chronicles what happened behind the scenes of the original english dub recording. If fans decide they love the original series, they can invite him, Terri Hawkes, Katie Griffin, Stephanie Morganstern, etc.., which would be relatively easy, since they are all Canadian.

However, if fans decide they want the new dub cast, ask for Stephanie Sheh, Cristina Vee, Kate Higgins, etc..

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:51 pm

-Erin Fitzgerald (Persona 4 Golden, League of Legends, Bravely Default, Danganronpa, Bleach, Skullgirls, etc.)

-Karen Strassman (Persona 3 & 4, League of Legends, Bleach, Code Geass, Ultra Street Fighter IV, World of Warcraft, etc.)

These are my top choices. :)

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Alors Invités Cosplay possibles.

- Jérôme et Shoko Cosplay, des Français, gagnants 2013 du Euro Cosplay Gathering. Allez voir ces armures, elles sont juste superbes! (et pas de Worbla!)
Ça manque d'invités cosplay francophones, vous trouvez pas ? Et ils ont de l'expérience en jugement, quoique de leur côté de l'Atlantique.

- On continue sur les Français: Ally cosplay et Ashan Cosplay, l'équipe Française WCS de 2013
- Une autre équipe WCS de 2013, Américaine ici: CupCake Cosplay

Notre Équipe Canada sera à Nagoya pendant la convention, alors quoi de mieux que de se le faire raconter. Selon les disponibilités, peut-être s'arranger pour voir une activité du WCS en direct...

Last edited by Mokmo on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 am

I'm saying this for the bronies, Power Puff Girl fans, Harley Quinn lovers, etc:

Tara Strong

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:59 am

LilyPichu?

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Malgré qu’Otakuthon soit un festival orienté vers un public de tout âge, je propose l’idée suivante pour l’an prochain, ou les années à venir.

Je suggère d’inviter certains de fondateurs du Mana Bar de Brisbane en Australie. Ce bar est devenu depuis son ouverture une institution dans Fortitude Valley. Bar orienté vers les jeux vidéo, ils ont reçu des premières de jeux tel que BlazBlue et sont ouverts aux cosplayers, offrant même des rabais à ceux qui arrivent à la porte costumé.

Benjamin "Yahtzee" Croshaw – Animateur des soirées de quiz
Guy "Yug" Blomberg – Organisation des évènements et créateur du bar
Shay Leighton – Création de cocktails et gestion du bar
Pras Moorthy – Gestion, comptes et facturation

Après avoir parlé à plusieurs personnes de mon âge, et avoir lu différents commentaires, je crois que recevoir des invités dans un domaine plus « adulte » autre que les « hentai » et « eroge » serait un bon ajout à la convention. De plus, il serait peut-être intéressant d’avoir en partenariat à cette invitation les gens du Pub Randolph’s de Montréal et même ceux L2 du quartier chinois puisqu’ils ont une clientèle similaire.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:01 pm

If neko was possible, nano should be. -thumbs up-
(Just sayin', I've been suggesting her for years. Just sayin'...again.)

Let's be the first con in america to invite herrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by loki555 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caps. The whole post will be deleted next time

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:33 pm

DANTE BASCO! (sérieusement avouez que vous voulez avoir l'acteur de Rufioh dans Hook qui est surtout maintenant voice acteur)

Sinon côté cosplay:
- Wonderneepoos (un duo français un peu trop connu de la communauté Hetalia ou Yaoi)
- VandettACosplay (un trio Suédois qui sont connus dans la communauté Hetalia, SnK/AoT, Homestuck et etc...)
- Suki (ban oui notre Kakachi national tant qu'à avoir une cosplayeuse très connu dans notre communauté...)

Sunday: Sailor V (Sailor Moon / Codename: Sailor V)
Otakuthon member since 2006! SeleneeCosplay

Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:25 am
Profile WWW

Musical artists I would really like to see:

- angela (Atsuko and Katsu)
- T.M.Revolution
- Kageyama Hironobu
- Kajiura Yuki

Voice actors I would really like to see:

- Kusao Takeshi
- Wakamoto Norio
- Sasaki Nozomu
- Ishii Makoto
- Kobayashi Sanae
- Nozawa Masako
- Suzumura Kenichi

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:06 am

Une autre personne côté cosplay que vous pourriez inviter: Commander Holly (qui a fait partie de Heroes of Cosplay) :3

Sunday: Sailor V (Sailor Moon / Codename: Sailor V)
Otakuthon member since 2006! SeleneeCosplay

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am
Profile WWW

sonorityoflife wrote:
-Erin Fitzgerald (Persona 4 Golden, League of Legends, Bravely Default, Danganronpa, Bleach, Skullgirls, etc.)

-Karen Strassman (Persona 3 & 4, League of Legends, Bleach, Code Geass, Ultra Street Fighter IV, World of Warcraft, etc.)

These are my top choices. :)

YES!

And both speak French too ^_^

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:42 pm

I would go with anime critics on the web some are canadians :3

Like GRArkada https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmEbe0 ... 9gm_9Fcn8Q

And other from Podtaku https://www.youtube.com/user/podtaku

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Bonjour!

Alors voici des suggestions pour l'année 2015 ^^

Compositeur:

Akira Yamaoka ( Silent hill ça serait sympa si Mary Elizabeth soit là au même temps que lui)
Kajiura Yuki

Cosplayeur:

Hushy plushy

Reika

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=551CABAE

Yuegene Fay

Touya Hibiki

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... abcbb5e3a9

Groupe ou chanteur:
Si neko est venu eux aussi c'est possible :)

Gero
Clear
96neko
Pokota
Nano

An cafe( Ils sont venu à la convention d'anime à Edmonton donc pourquoi pas le Québec aussi^^)
T.M Revolution
GRANRODEO

Japanese voice actor:

Takahiro Sakurai
Kenichi Suzumura
Kaji Yuki
Nana Mizuki
Mamoru Miyano
Hikaru Midorikawa
Junko takeuchi
Terashima Takuma
Daisuke kishio
Yuichi Nakamura
Maaya Sakamoto
Fukuyama Jun
KENN
Ono Daisuke
Kakihara Tetsuya

English voice actor:

Troy Baker
Matthew Mercer
Tara Strong
Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn ( Silent hill song, Naruto et Eureka Seven Sao)

(Désolé j'en connais pas beaucoup vu que je regarde rarement les animes en anglais mais ces quatre là sont mes favori :3)

Last edited by loki555 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Svp, ne pas utilisé le tag IMG si la taille du fichier est de 150kb ou plus. Utlisez un lien a la place.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Je suis pas sûre que LOL oriented soit la bonne solution... oui y'en a beaucoup des cosplayeur de LOL, mais JUSTEMENT y'en a déjà assez, et c'est loin d'être un jeux que tout le monde aime T_T

Pour ma part, je crois qu'on pourrait inviter deux cosplayeur super talentueux que beaucoup connaisse,

Junker Cosplay Inc.

https://www.facebook.com/JunkersCosplay
Bio pris de son profil :
''Johnny is a Navy veteran turned student and cosplayer. Currently attending University of California San Diego for Structural Engineering he creates costumes as a hobby for both fun and profit. Starting cosplay in 2011 with few tools and resources he was given the chance to work on a team to create a promotional piece for Bioware’s Mass Effect 2 at San Diego Comic Con 2011. From there he started working professionally as a prop maker and model while still attending college. His list of professional credits include pieces made for Riot Games and their hit game League of Legends, Rooster Teeth with and their popular web series RWBY as well as KOG Studios and their MMORPG Elsword Online. Even with a large background in video game costuming he still works closest with Crunchyroll.com as a Cosplay Ambassador, creating promotional pieces for their streaming anime, most notable of which being Attack on Titan. His hope is not for fame, or fortune from cosplay, but to share his trade and teach cosplayers how to make props and armor so that they can share the same joy he has. ''

Et Okageo Cosplay and Photography

https://www.facebook.com/Okageo
Bio :
''Okageo has been cosplaying since 2008 and has learned many techniques that have helped him bring each character to life. His first armor cosplay, Warrior of Light, was made almost entirely out of craft foam. A few years later, he experimented with other techniques such as using PVC sheets along with sculpting, molding, and casting to recreate the Akantor Armor from Monster Hunter. He has made a few cosplays sponsored by companies such as Elsword and Crunchyroll to promote games or anime. He is currently a Crunchyroll Ambassador and is one of the stars of the new show “Call to Cosplay.” ''

On voit pas assez de cosplayeur masculin talentueux à mon gout à l'Otak. Il n'y a pas que des femmes sur la scène du cosplay, mais aussi des hommes et ce serait bien de varier le choix d'inviter un peu.

Otakuthon 2012 / Hinata Hyuga - Shippuden
Otakuthon 2013 / Hinata Hyuga - Shippuden

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:25 am
Profile ICQ

J'aimerais ajouter un mangaka et illustrateur très populaire Khaoskai (il est allemand) voici quelque sites pour que voyez ses dessins (pour ceux qui ne le connaissent pas)

Bio prit de son profil:

Kai – mangaka& illustrator

Starting the career as mangaka and freelance illustrator, his works have been published in Japan, USA, Germany and France.
His art combines dark and visual kei asthethics with mythical, longing themes.
The sceneries range from fantasy to the realistic settings with psychological elements.
Beside the activity as manga artist, Kai is also working as a model for V-kei and punk fashion in Europe and Japan.
His latest Manga-shortstory “空般 伝説“ won the award 2nd price of MIRACLE JUMP magazine.
https://www.facebook.com/khaoskai/

http://khaoskai.deviantart.com/

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:51 am

Mimori Suzuko
Kitta Izumi

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:09 am

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3501660040

Miss Sinister Cosplay

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:52 pm
Profile WWW

honestly having Reika , Vandetta cosplay, kaallisi cosplay, knitemaya or liui acquino cosplay would really be awesome
as for voice actors I like the ones that were suggested, but I also think it would be so cool to have Todd Haberkorn as a guest because he is so sweet and hilarious

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:44 am

For musical guest this year, it would be awesome to invite the Persona Music Live Band. They were at Taiyou Con in Arizona recently and the show was a success. Considering how great the stage at the Palais des Congrès is, I think the same show at Otakuthon could be even better :)

Edit by loki: Splited from the Sugestions for 2015 thread in the sugestion box and merged with the guest sugestions thread.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:07 pm
Profile WWW

https://twitter.com/Ruikikun/status/567399253333770245

Someone suggested Yuegene ^

Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next